xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
humanisfilth

Host-zero.com raw deal

So I was checking out some of the OTHER free hosting options that are lying around out there, and I answered an ad for totally FREE hosting with some group out there calling themselves "host-zero.com". Now, they only allowed subdomains to be used (rather than using your own domain) so I should have known SOMETHING was up before I got fed this little rat poison deally...but I was tempted by the Devil and went for it. So I signed up, starting putting up my little web site...got it looking REAL spiffy...and went one night to a good friend's house to show it off.We sit down, plug in a URL...and....Page Not Found. "Er..." Poked around for a bit, tried to go to their main web site and log into the client area to see what was up...Page Not Found...well, not your standard not found page actually. No, this was a picture of that Iraqi guy during the "shock and awe" phase of Bush's little war on terror saying "There is no page here, there never was a page..." etc etc and was then redirected to some random Top Site page.In another words...they had disappeared entirely, overnight, without a word and I've been unable to find them since. Nice, eh?So...kiss my surprisingly firm behind host-zero.com and I hope you rot in hell. I mean, it would have been one thing if they posted a note saying they were going away and gave everyone a chance to get their FILES OFF OF THE SERVER first...but NO!!! Just...disappeared into the night with everything. God, I hope I didn't have anything terribly personal there...that could be a nightmare. IDENTITY THEFT!!Anyone have a similar experience with these "fly by night" one nighter free host dealies?? Thank GOD for this place. :P

Wow yea that really sucks, Thank god I havent had any experiance like that. I pray for you that you dont get your identity stolen, There are so many a$$holes out there trying to make a quick buck is pathetic.

There are way too many places like that out there. It's a good thing we all found Xisto before something really bad happened. The only thing that happened to me on my last host is I couldn't see any of my files from the internet, and they started putting ads on. I could still get into my cpanel and get all my stuff, though. You should always make sure to keep all of your files backed up, though. ;)

wow, its amazing how some hosts can pull *BLEEP* like that, so many of these free hosts are dying off, i found this big host list, had over 300 listed free hosts and such, but most of the hosts didnt even exist when i clicked the link...i hate hosting companies that lie, if they just get honest, things would be much easier ;) and speaking of hosts dissapearing overnight, i used to backup my databases and files almost everyday...though i dont think im gonna be doing that here, Xisto is till now the best free host i have used

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Site disappearing from the net is a universal problem. My host before I found Trap 17 did the same thing. Just, poof, and they were gone; and they had been there for a while before I put up my site and for a year or so after. Unfortunately free sites are evidently under no obligation to let the free hosted customers know when things are going down. You have found the right place this time, so happy trapping. ;) See you on the boards.