xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
razvan162

A 25 Gb Host For Music, Photo, Archives... very cool..just try it..25 gb, no ads...all free

Heey what a nice find...this thing really looks amazing, but is it good and safe enough to put any valuable files there?? I think this is one major problem with these things - the possibilty of the server crashing or just the company going bankrupt and you loose everything! You have to be careful not to put anything valuable there, because it can be a big mess later on..However, these sort of services come very handy when you need to format your computer and there are files you don't want to burn and don't want to delete either; this is when internet stuff like that comes into play...I'll give it a try!best whises

i used to use that host, and it seemed good for a while, and then it soon didnt let me download any files 10megs or larger, saying that i had to upgrade to premium, which i wasnt gonna do, though ive been through many such hosts, so im not exactly sure if it was this one, but i did stop using this host for a reason...

I tried mediamax also.It worked good for a while but they prefer that you install a file manager type program. The software bogged down my system and soon after stopped working altogether.

If you want a service which allows hotlinking, try http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the speed you download from them is not exactly the fastest speed you could imagine, it does however offer 25GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth.As with any of the above, it is till not reliable enough to permanently store backups on, however it is a lot of free space: especially useful if you wish to save bandwidth on your website.Unfortunately, it does not allow certain file extensions, but if you are willing to put everything into zip files, this is not a bad choice (I think mp3 files are not allowed sadly, but again, it is sensible to archive it in the first place.While I have not been using this long, so far I have found no other major faults...I'll report back if I do.(Oh and max file size is 750MB, but this is highly unrealistic for you to use anywhere near that!)

well this seems nice but why would I want all this space? and personally I have a problem with uploading from my computer. I have a very slow internet connection and it would actually take me up to an hour if I want to upload a 4 MB file :S so I don't think I'm going to use this much of space if I lived 100 years lol. and in case someone needed to store all his important files he can have them on a DVD archive or even buy a portable hard disk (80 GB maybe) that would do it and would be much safer as well... because you can never predict when server will be down or hacked or whatever.

Oh yea I've used it before. But it only allows you to download a small amount of the stuff you store monthly unless you get a paid account right? So I don't think it's good at all if you lose your stuff overnight and need to retrieve all of them in one shot.