xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
metr4

Counter-strike Pro Mod

For those that have no idea about whats going - this all about competitive play n cs. Since late January, many pro teams like complexity, team 3d and united5 switched over from counter-strike 1.6 to counter-strike source. This drastic move was done due to opening of the new tv service called Direct TV, playing professional counter-strike source matches live, meaning plenty of advertisement and sponsors. Many fans weren't satisfied with that move and refused to switch over. So a team with a guy (old cal i star) Al "Drax" Mendoza as a chief manager came in to change everything. They started working on a new project/mod, called cspm or counter-strike professional modification, that is essentially a combination of counter-strike 1.6 dynamic gameplay, wall spamming and simply amazing setup, and counter-strike source graphics (based on HL2 HDR engine). Therefore according to their project schedule, they are going to release a beta version of cspm this march, therefore allow pro's start testing it and reporting glitches. What you think guys? - I find this pretty exciting, because as for me (old 1.6 fan), css is extremely glitchy, non-professional and over a bad game, so we (people that competitively play cs 1.6), need something like cspm to move forward without starting to hate the game.

It is supposed to havesource graphics1.6 player models1.5 weapon models and recoil patternsThats what i heard from some people at gotfrag as well as csnationPlease tell me if i am wrong