xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zlash

E-mail Service List Here is short list of some E-Mail services(if you know others, please

Some people wonder what E-mail service they should use. Here is a list of some that you could choose (I am listing those that I know and remember. If you know any other services, please post a reaply and tell which one) :

Hotmail 
- 1024 MB Space
- Good Uptime (haven't noticed any so far)
Gmail[GoogleMail]  
- 2823 MB Space(continously expanding)
- Good Uptime
- POP3 and SMTP access
Yahoo Mail (mail.yahoo.com):
- 1 GB Space
- Good AJAX Sink (whatever that is)
- POP3 and SMTP access
- Great Security (probably the best)
- Offers free 15 MB web hosting as a subdomain of Geocites.com
AOL Mail (webmail.aol.com):
- 2 GB Space
Windows Mail  
- 2 GB Space
Inbox Mail (http://www.inbox.com/):
- 5 GB Space
Dodgeit (http://www.dodgeit.com/):
- Unlimited Space (, Intelligence says) (message deletes after 7 days) (receive only).
MyRealBox (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/):
- 10 MB Space
- Good Spam filter
- POP3 and IMAP access
- Good Uptime
Mail15 (https://qip.ru/mnt/pages/login/lo?captcha&retpath=https://mail.qip.ru):
- Unlimited Mailbox Space. You choose the size!
- POP3, SMTP, IMAP and SHTTP support
- Automatic antispam and mass mailing filters
- Automatic Antivirus checking of incoming and outgoing mail
- Offers 20 MB free web hosting with website builder, which support FTP access
- It's in russian, but you can press english and get it in english
Mail.com (https://www.mail.com/int/):
- 100 MB Space
- AJAX Interface(recommended for broadband users - optional)
- Variety of mail addresses to choose(List)
- Free calender, greeting cards, e-cards, notepad and games included
- A few ads (a banner on top)

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

I can't think of any other major services off the top of my head, but your list gives people a lot of great places to start.For me, though, inbox space is actually not the most important factor when I'm trying to decide which service to use. My main priority is service uptime. What good is it, I ask, to have ten zillion gigs of inbox space if the servers are down half of the time? Fortunately, many services offer both tons of inbox space and lots of server uptime. Not all, but many. :P

I can't think of any other major services off the top of my head, but your list gives people a lot of great places to start.
For me, though, inbox space is actually not the most important factor when I'm trying to decide which service to use. My main priority is service uptime. What good is it, I ask, to have ten zillion gigs of inbox space if the servers are down half of the time?

Fortunately, many services offer both tons of inbox space and lots of server uptime. Not all, but many. :P

You are right on that one, but most of the services I've added does have good server up-time(I think?). Not sure about AOL though. I don't have any real experience about that one. I would recommend the top 3 in my list for starters.
Edited by Zlash (see edit history)

My favourite e-mail service is probably dodgeit.com

Dodgeit (dodgeit.com) - Space: unlimited (I think) (message deletes after 7 days) (receive only).

Not completely useless. It doesn't require registration so you don't have to put up with sites that spam. Only use it if it isn't against the site's TOS.

I don't think Windows Live requires an invitation. If you register a Hotmail account, you get given a little link that you can click to upgarde to Windows Live.

Yahoo Mail gives you 10 MB for email. I'm not joking, it is that small! Although I think its department is security not space:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym

Click on See what else you get.

My favourite e-mail service is probably dodgeit.com

Dodgeit (dodgeit.com) - Space: unlimited (I think) (message deletes after 7 days) (receive only).

Not completely useless. It doesn't require registration so you don't have to put up with sites that spam. Only use it if it isn't against the site's TOS.

I don't think Windows Live requires an invitation. If you register a Hotmail account, you get given a little link that you can click to upgarde to Windows Live.

Yahoo Mail gives you 10 MB for email. I'm not joking, it is that small! Although I think its department is security not space:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym

Click on See what else you get.

Thank you. Ill add Dodgeit to the list and correct the mistakes.

MyRealBox is a service that I have used for quite a long time but they canceled signup for a while. They are about to reopent though.

they have 10mb space, excellent spam filtering system, and, most importantly to me, they have POP3 and IMAP access, and very little downtime.

There are 2 web interfaces (it uses the Novel Groupwise system, and is a testbed for it.) one of which has a notes system and also a calender system, shown below

post-40219-1174141327_thumb.jpg

Another one I have used and still do is mail15 based at pochta.ru

This has the following (including some stats):

WORK THROUGH MAIL CLIENTS

You can work through your favorite mail client: POP, SMTP, IMAP and SHTTP are supported

UNLIMITED MAILBOX STORAGE

You can choose the size of your mailbox. There are no restrictions!

* Daily statistics by Web 30257 Mail sent, by SMTP 17235 Mail sent, Mail received 1918493 Mail sent

ANTISPAM

Automatic antispam and mass mailing filters

* messages marked as Spam 93.02% over the past 24 hours

ANTIVIRUS

Antivirus automatically checks all incoming and outgoing mail

* messages with viruses found 0.75% over the past 24 hours

PERSONAL WEBSITE HOSTING

We offer 20Mb space for your website

The host is in Russia, but is translated to English. This provider allows(and promotes) the use of IMAP.

It has a nice simple web site builder with ftp access as well, although I have never hosted anything there.

It has 3 choices for non .ru domains for email, mail15.com, mail333.com and pisem.net (whatever pisem means)

Give it a try.

I have tried mail.com. I found it good at it's features

* 100MB of mail space
* Ajax interface.. highly recommended for broadband users. (optional)
* Easy to use address book
* FREE Calendar, Notepad, Greeting Cards and Games included
* 100s of addresses to choose
* Free e-cards

It had a few ads ...a banner on the top. But when you can an email address like prash@bikerider.com, who cares the ads! :P

check out the list of domains they offer.

mail.com

Some people wonder what E-mail service they should use. Here is a list of some that you could choose (I am listing those that I know and remember. If you know any other services, please post a reaply and tell which one) :

Hotmail - Space: 1024 MB

Gmail[GoogleMail]  - Space: 2823 MB (continously expanding)

Yahoo Mail (mail.yahoo.com) - Space: 10 MB (small amount of space but security is good)

AOL Mail (webmail.aol.com) - Space: 2 GB

Windows Mail   - Space: 2 GB

Inbox Mail (http://www.inbox.com/) - Space: 5 GB

Dodgeit (http://www.dodgeit.com/) - Space: unlimited (I think) (message deletes after 7 days) (receive only).

I use Yahoo! mail service. Thye have upgraded. It's not 10MB anymore. they offer 1GB space. With Yahoo! Beta, emailing is fun. They have good AJAX sink for mails. They do support SMTP and POP3 access, letting you to access mails from your favorite mail clients.

They have the best security.

They have a tonnes of features loaded with every free mail account.

Apart from mail space, they also provide free web space of 15MB.

Check out: Yahoo!

MyRealBox is a service that I have used for quite a long time but they canceled signup for a while. They are about to reopent though.

they have 10mb space, excellent spam filtering system, and, most importantly to me, they have POP3 and IMAP access, and very little downtime.

There are 2 web interfaces (it uses the Novel Groupwise system, and is a testbed for it.) one of which has a notes system and also a calender system, shown below

post-40219-1174141327_thumb.jpg

Another one I have used and still do is mail15 based at pochta.ru

This has the following (including some stats):

WORK THROUGH MAIL CLIENTS

You can work through your favorite mail client: POP, SMTP, IMAP and SHTTP are supported

UNLIMITED MAILBOX STORAGE

You can choose the size of your mailbox. There are no restrictions!

* Daily statistics by Web 30257 Mail sent, by SMTP 17235 Mail sent, Mail received 1918493 Mail sent

ANTISPAM

Automatic antispam and mass mailing filters

* messages marked as Spam 93.02% over the past 24 hours

ANTIVIRUS

Antivirus automatically checks all incoming and outgoing mail

* messages with viruses found 0.75% over the past 24 hours

PERSONAL WEBSITE HOSTING

We offer 20Mb space for your website

The host is in Russia, but is translated to English. This provider allows(and promotes) the use of IMAP.

It has a nice simple web site builder with ftp access as well, although I have never hosted anything there.

It has 3 choices for non .ru domains for email, mail15.com, mail333.com and pisem.net (whatever pisem means)

Give it a try.

Thank you. Lots of new mail services you guys are coming with which I have never heard of :( . I'll add MyRealBox and mail15 to the list :P

I have tried mail.com. I found it good at it's features

* 100MB of mail space

* Ajax interface.. highly recommended for broadband users. (optional)

* Easy to use address book

* FREE Calendar, Notepad, Greeting Cards and Games included

* 100s of addresses to choose

* Free e-cards

It had a few ads ...a banner on the top. But when you can an email address like prash@bikerider.com, who cares the ads! :P

check out the list of domains they offer.

mail.com

I use Yahoo! mail service. Thye have upgraded. It's not 10MB anymore. they offer 1GB space. With Yahoo! Beta, emailing is fun. They have good AJAX sink for mails. They do support SMTP and POP3 access, letting you to access mails from your favorite mail clients.

They have the best security.

They have a tonnes of features loaded with every free mail account.

Apart from mail space, they also provide free web space of 15MB.

Check out: Yahoo!

Thank you! I am adding mail.com to the list and updating the yahoo mail information. Besides that I am making the list more organized now and going to get some more information about the different services when I get time!

AOL... has Im, very reliable, lots of features. Thats what I use. But I guess everyone reccomends what they use... otherwise they themselves would change services. Ok whatever!