xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
~Dave

Help With Linux + Flash Drive Please

OK so i've gotten this far, its on my sub drive i can load DSL *Damn Small Linux* and when its booted and boots it says missing a file, Knoppix file, WTF? i thought i was using DSL? and then it says that over and i cant do anything but restart, wtf? lol what should i do? confused to the max!Edit: the error was Cannot find knoppix system file something like that.

Edited by ~Dave (see edit history)

re download gnoppix clean the flash drive put gnoppix in the root directory of your flash drive and then set up your flash drive in your bios as the 1st boot device. once that is done it should work fine if not i would try posting on a linux enthusiast forum because they might know why. remember to download it from the official site only other versions could be corrupt / modified. also make sure your computer meets the requirements for the linux distribution no point in trying if you can't get it.OFF TOPIC: i like puppy linux better than DSL because its alot faster and it has a special flash drive version i keep it on a flash drive with me everywhere i go so that i can just boot up my desktop no matter where i am.