xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sniperkiller

Question About Hosting A Dev Environment

Hello,

I'm thinking of starting to host at Xisto but I wonder if i can run a system for a coding environment
I'm an addon coder for the game Half-life and all its mods. So the need of such a coding platform is kinda high.

It's name is TRAC
you can find it here => Trac coding platform site

it requires "PYTHON"
is it installed on the hosts (python) ???

thanks in advance

i hope it is possible to install on Xisto

Edited by sniperkiller (see edit history)

Python is not supported default language with Xisto hosting. Whenever possible, please use PHP or CGI.You may install Python on your hosting account. This will be a localized installation (not a server wide). However, the first sign of abuse in any way your hosting account will be suspended. The term abuse is evaluated by server admins and they reserve the right to cancel your hosting without any notice.Please review our hosting TOS and AUP. You may not use Xisto hosting just to store scripts, images, files and such. You must have working web site that is common for any domain.

man our codes are harmlessthey are just ingame stuff to increase the funo well i think i'm gonna search another coding environment thenmy palls and i would only use it for code creation and storage, since it would be a safe way to store it without other devell teams to find iti would also have added a forum so that there would surely be traffic on it ^^we got members waiting for a release :P

IF you are going to run a forum and store scripts, that is under the AUP of hosting requirements. Your forum can be seen as an active site (not parked, redirected or used as storage).As long as your scripts do not hurt our server such as open for massive attacks, overloading CPU usage/resource, or even your forum is used to send mass spam emails, you can continue to host with Xisto. Otherwise, your account will be terminated without any notice. Maintaining the security of your forum and activites are part of your responsibility--we had to shut down few sites due to mass spam emails and DoS in the past.So, now that you know what you can do with our hosting welcome to Free Web Hosting, No Ads by Xisto - a member of Xisto. :P

ow yea one more little questionthe plugins we make will have a banning system included for ingameare we allowed to use a mysql database for that purposeit would have a lot of traffic going to it, since every time a player joins the game (a server), there will be a query to see if he is banned or notso a query send by a server to the mysql database (if that is possible)i guess that wont be allowed ^^