xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

A new OS a new operating system from microsoft ?

A few months ago, while i was visiting some harware hackers store, I noticed they got a new OS, call Microsoft Longhorn XP, and it actually worked as an add on to microsoft window XP, It has a kool design though, But I am not sure, as microsoft did not release anything officially about a new windows called so.

They haven't released it yet. Yes, Longhorn is going to be released as the next OS after XP. Instead of having "XP Home" and "XP Pro", they're going to have the "2000" series OSs and the "XP" OSs. Longhorn most likeley won't be called that when released, it's just the code name.

Anyways, Since Longhorn is a closed BETA, meaning you're not going to be able to use it unless microsoft let's you, I don't want thins thread branching off to people talking about where to get it (Unless microsoft itself provies the link). AIGHT!? :P

...I'm watching you. ;)

Edited by templest (see edit history)

you know i didnt actually think ms was going to release a new version of windows , well atleast not yet ;) so it is true longhorn is on its way. maybe 2 or 3 years from now lol coz i don think it will be here any sooner , u could check out the article on microsofts site.microsoft longhorn. xp is history.....!!!

I know it wont be called so, and that it will be out in 2005, and that is why i find this strange, and by the way, who cares about microsoft permission, i am running it now on my PC, f*** microsoft ...

I know it wont be called so, and that it will be out in 2005, and that is why i find this strange, and by the way, who cares about microsoft permission, i am running it now on my PC, f*** microsoft ...

You abuse Microsoft, yet you happily use their products? Sounds slightly hypocritic to me.

Ok, just an added info, there is a far-future version of Microsoft's OS called Blackcomb, in the works (According to PC World magazine).If ever you're wondering where on earth did they get those code names, Whistler (codename of XP), and Blackcomb are named after ski areas in British Columbia, Canada while Longhorn is name after a bar popular among Microsoft big guns. Just as the Longhorn Saloon & Grill sits between these two mountains, MS's Longhorn will ship between Whistler(XP) and Blackcomb.

My Windows 2000 Advanced Server box seems to be the most reliable Windows machine I have. Windows 2000 Professional seems to fail a bit more often, and Windows XP fails on a regular basis.