Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

wrong wrong wrong... its four parts...

haven't you heard their motto?

"A trilogy in four parts" :(

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe and Everything
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

im just posting in to see if anuone has read The Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

here, take a look at this photo and see for yourself
The last book I still haven't read tho and a recent one was written in 92, though some don't consider it not in the series. (Mostly Harmless)

i absolutely love these books. i am reading them at the moment, and they are by far the funniest that i have ever EVER read. i think that brockian ultra cricket should actually be a game! it would be quite hilarious...

wrong wrong wrong... its four parts...

haven't you heard their motto?

"A trilogy in four parts" ;)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Life, the Universe and Everything

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

here, take a look at this photo and see for yourself

The last book I still haven't read tho and a recent one was written in 92, though some don't consider it not in the series. (Mostly Harmless)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wrong wrong wrong! it's a -5- part trilogy ;)

you also forgot the book published after he died- Salmon of A Doubt. Truly, -no- Douglas Adams fan should be without reading it!

Also, no fan of Hitch hiker's should forget to read the Dirk Gently books- they are truly ingenious...

It's possible to not like douglas adam's writings, I guess. But to anyone who loves the irrelevant, the offbeat, the absolutely wrong and yet in reality, actual life, then you'll love Douglas Adams. ...Who couldn't after reading the fifth book in a [tri]logy?

It was actually made into a multiple-part miniseries for the BBC a while back, and the original version of Hitch hiker's was actually a radio show, but Douglas Adams actually died seeing his work being turned into a movie- which for a while, we all thought was lost. But actually, it's finally coming- with trailers coming soon.

if you go to the official hitchikers movie site there's a teaser trailer up...not with characters though, which is a bit dissapointing, but it's a good site ;)

I love these books. I have The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life, the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, Mostly Harmless, and Young Zaphod Plays it Safe. Now they have a trailor with the characters it looks great!

It is actually a trilogy of five books. (not the three or four that had previously been stated)The Hitchhiker's Guide to the GalaxyThe Restaurant at the End of the UniverseLive, the Universe, and EverythingSo Long, and Thanks for All the FishMostly HarmlessThey were all written by Douglas AdamsIt is an excellent series. It is advised to read the books in order, since it gets a bit confusing if you read them out of order.The movie has been being worked on for a LONG time. It had just been at the beginnings of picking a cast when Douglas Adams died, and it was put on hold for quite a while after that. For a while there was talk that it was not ever going to be made into a movie.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe series is absolutely brilliant. I am re-reading the first four books now for at least the tenth time. I love the books and can't wait for the series. I will have to make a trip to the library to try and get the fifth book (Mostly Harmless) though since my copy vanished some years ago. I haven't had the chance to read Samon of a Doubt though, I will have to get that out too.Love the Gently series, Long Dark Tea Time of The Soul is one of Adams' best books. Have never come accross Young Zaphod Plays it safe, I will have to look for that one too.Another one for Adams fans is Douglas Adams' Starship Titantic. It was actually written by Monty Python's Terry Jones based on an idea that Douglas Adams developed into a video game and got Jones to write. Douglas Adams was alway a fan of multi media, and writing was only a side gig in comparison. Starship Titantic is great, a must read for all Adams and Monty Python fans (generally they are one and the same, though some Python fans haven't heard of Douglas Adams so have yet to convert to Douglas Adams fans :lol: ).

here's hitchhiker's guide "in your pocket"/mobile version (or so it should be, but you can access it via web anyway :lol:):
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/pda/home

man you guys make it sound so interesting i think i might plan to buy it soon maybe all five books at once or just 1 at a time.

man you guys make it sound so interesting i think i might plan to buy it soon maybe all five books at once or just 1 at a time.

132102[/snapback]

You can get The Complete Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe which includes all five books. (Watch it if your buying used though because older versions will only have the older books). From what I understand some versions of the complete come with Salmon of a doubt and Young Zaphod as well, though I have never seen that before.

You can get The Complete Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe which includes all five books. (Watch it if your buying used though because older versions will only have the older books). From what I understand some versions of the complete come with Salmon of a doubt and Young Zaphod as well, though I have never seen that before.

132346[/snapback]

Yea I saw it at a bookstore on sale for about 15 dollars. I would recommend this outstanding book to anyone because it is very hilarious. Also, my robotics team is based on this book. Go team 481 Hitchhikers :lol: