xisto Community
BooZker

Myspace Theme White Chocolate - Updated with each version

I have been working on making a template for myspace that gets rid of all the nasty crap people put all over. It does this by making the myspace minimilistic, so they can not add much stuff other then what is allowed on this slim white theme. Images included so you can upload to your own host and not have to worry about the bandwidth running out on my end. In depth read_me.txt included also. I add to it with each update. Added a editable .png file in fireworks 8. Download count will always be a little screwed because the download has been through email and on my web host, but now it has been uploaded to filefront.

Please add any problems you find here in this topic. Also if you want a feature added in the next update ask for it here! I would also love for you to PM me or put a link here so i can see how you used the theme!

| Download | Version 1.2 | Demo |

NOTE: The demo has Bumper Stickers section which is in the new version not out yet. It also says Oscar's Myspace, but the downloaded theme says Welcome there.

Version 1.2

- Added a CSS valid image which you are allowed to use as long as you do not edit the CSS.

- Fixed some small errors in the HTML

- Added an editable .png file that is editable in fireworks 8 for the header (Welcome image).

Coming Soon

- A choice of a solid color background OR a horizontal striped background.

- A choice to add a "Bumper Stickers" section to place some graphics that describe you (see demo above)

- A blog, block, rate, friends, instant message, add to group, add to favorites, and forward to friend. This is based on request. Not one person has asked for any of those yet.

- A black version called "Black Licorice" and a brown version called "Caramel" when 2.0 comes out for White Chocolate

Old Versions

Version 1.1

- Got rid of some CSS that was not in use

- Images are now uploaded on my photobucket account (NOTE ABOUT BANDWIDTH IN READ ME)

- Added some br tags to cover up people who do not want to delete the stuff in the profile. (this increases the overlay to cover more. More info in read me.)

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

Goddamn, that theme was hell spiffy. Really cool I must tell you.You know what other benefit this will have over just starry layouts? People just might stop creating really dumb account names, I've seen so many of them. I hope you do get it as the example list will be quite big y'know.The skin is great first of all, and yeah looking at your bumper stickers, well we both have many things in common then. I might just create a MySpace after 2 years of inactivity due to you know what obviously creates hatred in people for MySpace. And yeah if you want, you can partially use it to promotr your work, but it won't be until 21st, board exams won't let me do anything now, studies, studies and more of studies.I would love to see how you work more on this layout or what additions you do to it!Really great work. :P

Thanks a lot. I really hope people use this layout. Not to just get my downloads up and stuff, but to make myspace decent again. The default profiles on there are ugly and then the ones people make are not even close to much better. I would rather have the default one. I hope you can use it at sometime. And I will most likely just have three profiles for each theme coming out and then explain that there is a striped background you can add and another div or "Bumper Stickers" you can add on to it.

Well done! Really, it?s impressive. Myspace is such a mess that I couldn?t believe seeing the demo that this was a myspace profile indeed. I didn?t even know that myspace was SO customizable.I wish people had better taste and tried to make cleaner layouts just like the one you?ve done or simply use them.

Sprnknwn thanks a lot for that great comment!

did you make that layout or did you edit the lime div layout

Awhile ago I saw his and it was ok, but i wasn't super fond of it. There was so many links on it and it had no structure. I didn't copy any bit of it. I did use someones, dont know whos, CSS to find the IDs myspace used, but i didnt copy anything.

there a good and bad sides to using div layouts because the div tags aint dont dont in some broswes

The only problem i have discovered after testing in about 9 different browsers was the borders because myspace has just implemented a new feature that it automaticaly converts symbols to the hex ids. For example # is like &hex; (thats not it but for examples) so the only browser that sees the borders is IE because IE doesnt care if you put # in front of the colors.

I made a new MySpace, basically as I was bored, and I put up your theme there, it was done long back but thought of telling you now, you can use it for promoting your theme or something as I don't think I will be using it much anyways.

https://myspace.com/browser

Problem...Its set to private. Take the "privateness" off so we can take a gander.

If you dont like it, dont try it. You could say what you dont like about it so that i can fix it up to your liking. What don't you like about it?

Problem...
Its set to private. Take the "privateness" off so we can take a gander.

Done, there is just a single line there portraying my laziness, I've hosted the images on my own servers, can you please give me the code for the bumper stickers too?