xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
glenstein

A Conversation In The Shoutbox

This is NOT verbatim, it's an approximation of a conversation I had in the shoutbox yesterday.Partly because I don't remember their name and partly because I don't want "call out" anyone, I will simply call them "newkid"newkid: how do I log on to the server?(no answer, other already ongoing conversation continues)newkid: anyone??newkid: does anyone know where the server list is?newkid: where is the server list?glenstein: um, you should get that once you sign up newkid: well... I didn'tglenstein: do you have a domain name that you want to point to the Xisto server?newkid: ummm, what?newkid: I just want the server list so I can log on.glenstein: what are you trying to log on to?glenstein: do you mean ftp?newkid: what's ftp?glenstein: File Transfer Protocol, its how you put your website online.newkid: ummmnewkid: there was a pk server list. I saw it here before but I can't find it.glenstein: what? pk? what are you trying to log on to?newkid: (frustrated with me)glenstein: what are pk servers? maybe you should do a forum search for them.newkid: argh.. nevermind.glenstein: do a forum searchnewkid: thanks for the helpglenstein: well, thanks for being so clear and articulate about what you wantednewkid: lol, I was being sarcastic.newkid: u are slow.glenstein: ummm... I think you should re-read what I just typed in the shoutboxnewkid: lol glenstein is slow.Now I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that "pk" servers are about some sort of on line game the kid wanted to log on to, maybe a massively multiplayer thing or whatever and someone made a post in the games forum with a "server list". At first he wanted the "server list"- which, being Xisto, at first sounded like he meant something about his webspace.. so I assumed he had signed up for web space and wanted to know something about how to connect to it.But the kid was really unclear and he obviously knew very well what he was talking about and kind of assumed that anyone reading the shoutbox would know also. This is in the vent because I was kind of frustrated. Can anyone see a certain detail "newkid" missed toward the end of the conversation? Argh!

Uhm. "Thank you?A pk server is "People Killing".Chances are he was talking about runescape..They can't all be winners.

:P I was there too. I gave up much more quickly than Glenstein. He's much more patient than I. I agree though. People should be clear when talking, don't "text message" the forum or shoutbox, and stop with the insults which "new kid" were hurling at Glenstein left and right calling him "slow" and such.