xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

Guild Wars

I just bought Guild Wars Factions and downloaded it on my computer. I like it alot so far. Its fun and there is a lot to do. I made an assasin/ranged character. My name is Duare Dreth. Send me a Friend Request and sometime we could do some quests or something. I have a new guild for Factions. Before i start recruiting members though i need to get everything set up. I have seperate forums on my site just for Guild Wars discussion and a place for members of my Guild to talk with each other. The name of my Guild isForgotten Soldiers of the Abyss.If you would like to join send me a PM and the next time i am on i will send you an invite. We will be having a cape, guild hall, the forums on my site, and many more features.Hope to see you around Guild Wars Factions.

Edited by savagemonkeyz14 (see edit history)

How do you play this game. Is it like Diablo or something?

Ya it is kinda like Diable it has the same kind of idea. It is a MMORPG and is a lot of fun. There are so many quests to do, and creatures to fight. There are 8 skill professions that you can choose from. They are:-Assasin: Use Daggers, Critical Strikes, and are trained to link attacks in a seqeunce so the enemy does not have a chance to strike back.-Elementalist: They command the four elements of nature. Fire, Earth, Water, and air. They do more damage then most other professions. But really only study one of the elements. Some may study 2 elements to broaden the range of damage.-Mesmer: They dont live in reality they like to make their own reality. They are masters of illusion,-Monks: Use their power to heal and revive allies in battle.-Necromancer: Curses, Death Magic, and Blood Magic?usually take a toll on the caster by forcing a sacrifice of Health, but the harm that befalls a Necromancer's foes in return. They weild death itself.-Ranger: More in touch with nature than any other profession. They focus on Beast Control and Ranged attacks.-Ritualists: Ritualists channel otherworldly energies that summon allies from the void. They cover their eyes to commune with the spirits.-Warrior: The warrior basically explains itself. They use swords, axes, and blunt weapons. They wear heavy armor and like to get in close and personal with their enemies.Those are all of the professions in the game. You get to choose one main profession and later in the game you also get to choose another profession on top of the first profession. For your second profession you do not earn the primary skill for that profession.You get skills as you choose your professions and level up. There is a regular world where it is for doing quests and things like that. There is also a PvP world where you start off at level 20, and have more choices for building your character. In the PvP world it is based on killing other players.Hope this helps and hope that you would recomend playing the game. I think it is a lot of fun and has many things to do.

I used to play it (not factions, but prochecies). Then when I completed all the missions with my warrior and did most of the quests, I got a bit bored and took a break. Then I started playing again and got a bit far with my monk, but again it became a bit boring since it was a monk(healing gets boring). So I made a Mesmer. It was quite cool and I would not have stopped if I didn't buy Warcraft III and the Battlefield 1942 Anthology. The problem with Guild Wars is that the World Map is much smaller than it looks like. Half of the map is covered in water(you can's swim) and there are some places which you can not access(only see from a cliff or something). World of Warcraft on the other hand is full accessable. You can walk and jump wherever you want. Only annoying thing there is that it is a lot of travelling on foot. On Guild Wars you can map travel.Another bad thing about Guild Wars is that if you want to play with your friends, you will have to make a "party" in a town or an outpost and then exit the town\outpost through a portal. Then you get a copy of the world where only your party and other creeps\monsters are. If you want to meet up with somebody else you will have to go back to a town\outpost and thats just lame. They should have done it like WoW.The bad thing about WoW is that there is a monthly fee.