xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Js Slideshow Tool

Hello ,

I have tried the slideshow feature built into many image editing software packages and many free slideshow tools found on the net. They all fail to meet my very simple requirements:

- small footprint
- simple to use
- use zipped images
- no scaling of images to fit screen

So I finally spent a few evenings searching on google for something that does exactly this and absolutely nothing else, so I found this yesturday.

http://www.pbase.com/larugl/jslides

It will downscale images that are too large to fit on screen. It draws a white edge around the images and displays the image number in the lower right corner in light gray. Flip through images with the arrow keys. Use Home and End to jump to the first or last image. Ctrl-G allows you to jump to a specific image number.

Most importantly (to mee), it presents images that are zipped together. This is useful to me because I want to package images into ZIP files that become my albums. A ZIP-file album is easier to manage and archive that hundreds of IMGxxxx.png's with non-descriptive names.

:P
Greeeeeeeat

So the point of this topic is?Due to the fact that you already solved your problem?