xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
detportal

Cpanel And Mysql Problem. [resolved]

hi all - i'm going to make this brief.my CMS (drupal 5.0) and forum (SMF 1.1.1) cannot connect to the mysql db. however their files CAN still be accessed. I also tried uploading a file through an ftp client and the file could be accessed.HOWEVER: cpanel cannot be accessed either. it simply loads with a blank page.however both worked earlier today. so is there a problem with the server? and if there is, will it be fixed?

It appears that Opaque is busy with the Databases tonight.There was a posting over at Xisto earlier and my Forum and cpanel are currently not available, either. A temporary situation, I would imagine. Please be patient.

ya me too, when i try to open my forum it says this:

IPB WARNING [2]mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
SQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 07th 2007f February 2007 10:14:38 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

and i also get a blank page @ my CpAnel....

that's the same prob as u guys are having right? only some noob messaged me on msn and said he "hacked my forum, lol"....but after i saw this thread i figured he's probably winding me up... ;)
Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

well i found the post on Xisto that jlhaslip was talking about. i also made a shout about it after making the post and found from JapserIk that OpaQue had told the members (via the shoutbox) that he was going to upgrade mysql, or something along those lines. It seems that this only applies to the Gamma server according to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which shows a detailed status of all the xisto servers. The Gamma server's MySQL is shown in RED. My guess is that cPanel is also database-driven and that the database is also hosted on the gamma server.

edit: the gamma server is now back online! everything is working perfectly!

Edited by detportal (see edit history)