xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Family Turning On Each Other help please real problem

What insane thing is happening in my family! I know family are supposed to fight but this is different. My cousin Joelle is going through a phase, where she is acting out for attention. You know dressing different acting different. Well my own brother and Joelles brother and her and my cousin are always constantly making fun of her!Its mostly the name calling Emo, Dike, Lesbian, and, Goth. You know stupid crap like that, I am so pissed. Me and Joelle have been favoritest cousins ever since we were born, and I will always stick up for her. But I find it hard when three of our own family members! Are turning against her, hating her for the decisions she made!Is she bringing this on herself? But the thing that shocked me was she told me that she thinks she is Bi?I will always love her no matter what. ;) But I was just a little shocking to hear that.If Alan, Jared, or Seth ever heard that they would never let it down.I will make sure Joelle is not hurt. But Jared and them are also telling people at the highschool stuff about her!And that abviously spreads to the middleschool. (Which is where me and her go) ;) So I am lost!What should I do?Please someone tell me? ;)

It is good that you're sticking closer than a brother! It is a sad day when you can't gain support from family or a family member. It seems that you yourself have the ability to give yourself good advice?

I will always love her no matter what.

Let that be your guide when comforting her through times of trouble or discomfort. Also, did she tell you that she thinks she's bi- because she saw it a bad thing? In the same way you stand up for her against her family members, do so against her friends, if possible. Everyone seeks unfailing love.

Well, I know this, when you don't get support from your own family, it's kinda sad and the worse part here is that they themselves are turning up against her. If you are with her, make her feel that you will never leave her no matter what and just tell her to stop minding when people label her, to be honest, labels are USELESS, a single word can't define who you are. And tell her that if she thinks being a bi is a wrong thing then tell her that that is wrong, being a bi isn't a wrong thing, it's just who you are, you can't control whom you feel attracted to...And it's so good to hear that you support her so much as a brother. But is she doing this because things have happened to her and they have changed her or she doing this just for attention? As a advice being a melodramatic isn't a nice thing, it leads to just nothing but destroys yourself more, I have been so melodramatic and carried shitloads of guilt and inferiority complexes all these years and I don't want anyone else to repeat the same mistakes I've done. It's of no help to hurt yourself, I don't know if she does this but most "emo"s do it.Anyways, just be with her all the time and oppose your family members and even if her friends act against her, just be with her and make her feel that she is not alone and it's not like the whole world is against her. TrueFusion is right too and I guess you should never leave her alone, stand up for her every time everywhere, this might make her feel happier and more secure with you, then if she has turned into this "emo" as they label it because of some depression, you might just help her cope up with it and then she might stop doing the things she does.Anyways, I am not a good adviser but I hope this helped you. ;)

Thanks alot for all your help.And umm.. By the way we are cousins not brother and sister. So it is like this I am her cousin my brother and her brother make fun of her.And me and her cousin make fun of her also.It is hard to explain.Once again thanks for the help. ;)