xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
noxit

Industrial Engineering

I have recently done my bachelors in industrial and manufacturing Engineering ..for UET, Paksitan . I never chose this field as my career , i mean you cant really say tht industrial engineering was my liking . It was only in the prefrences in the admission form . My luck rolled into merit lists and finally in the fourth list i found my name in this disciplin . Now i feel thati was so lucky THAT time when i chose it as a prefrence . I mean in almost every newspapers in Paksitan , there are jobs for mechanical and insustrial engineering fresh graduates :P ... I got my first job in Feb this year and resgined it after two months on the 7th of May, coz of some personal grudges few persons had with me . But it wasnt the end of the world ..i kept on applying everywhere. And fianlly i got selected in Crscent Greenwood , The makers of Levis,mustang,carrara, benshirman etc jeans ..its the biggest vertical manufacturing unit in south Asia ...( Cotton in - Bottoms out ) B) .. I've chosen this textile industry as my career coz of many reaosns now ...Paksitan is an agriculture country basically and there will never be shortage of cotton in Paksitan , and in the coming WTO erz in 2005 , only the textile industry gonna survive in Paksitan ...So...guys ..am happy now !!! ...but who knows about the future ..its soo uncertain ..

Wow, I'm glad everything worked out for you, noxit! You don't only have work, but you're working for a company that's really big!People persuade me to take up nursing so that I can get a job in the US, since nurses are very much needed. But I'm not really interested in nursing. But since it worked out for you quite well (even if you weren't planning on taking up industrial engineering), maybe it will work for me to!Anyway, congratulations, and do your best!

I only go with my intrest. Any anything does not intrest me, then I don't go by it at all. I hate maths and i am dropping at it from the begenning. I love computers so i am always excelling at it.

...yeha nursing is pretty respectable job , but it all depends on right job at right time , and LUCK too ... And Shriddhar this is a pretty ideal thought of going by your liking ..You kno i think am much better in reading people minds, their faces and explaining their merits and demerits after just having a 2 mins talk wid em' but i neevr tool psychology as my majors and for a very strong reason , theres no maoney in it . Man , see i know am good at it but one has to save his future too .we r here for others as others are for us , We should always look for a profession in which theres enough learning and earning not JUST the liking factor only.. B)

It's really confusing...maybe you should consider both? If you totally don't like a certain profession, there is less chance you'll succeed, since you won't exert enough effort. But if you go with what you really like, then you might end up having no job openings, then you'll have to spend additional years in college for another course.Actually, I wanted to take up something related to computers too, but I don't think my parents and anyone else would be supporting me with that B)

Chelcy ..i never said tht i totally dislike Engineering , its just tht my all hobbies are computer or engineering based, but as an individual i think am better at psychology ..And..there are very limited options for psychologists. I cannot risk my career going after what my natural synchronization is good in...its just that i have to be enough respnsible to judge what is better for me and my family B)