xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Php Parser Error After Php 5 Update.

I couldn't believe my eyes today, I log on to my web-page at school and NONE OF THE PHP HAS BEEN PARSED OUT!!! I saw the raw php code. This is a major security issue since many passwords for SQL etc... are stored directly in PHP, and it allowed people to see and possibly even steal my php code! Why did this happen? How did this happen? Will it ever happen again? I need to know whether or not I need to switch hosting companies. I have never seen this before.

nono, u guys dont understand, I have the php tags i use <?php ?>, and its been working fine for 6 months. Everything works just for about 3 or 4 hours today, instead of parsing the php it sent the raw code.Did anybody else have the same problem?

I couldn't believe my eyes today, I log on to my web-page at school and NONE OF THE PHP HAS BEEN PARSED OUT!!! I saw the raw php code. This is a major security issue since many passwords for SQL etc... are stored directly in PHP, and it allowed people to see and possibly even steal my php code! Why did this happen? How did this happen? Will it ever happen again? I need to know whether or not I need to switch hosting companies. I have never seen this before.

Server Name ?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

My server is DELTA, I?ve using a simple php program for webmail during several months, and from yesterday (31/01/2007) didn?t work anymore.

This is the messenge: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hash_update() in /home/******/public_html/mail/includes/functions.php on line 58

That page never change or have been updated.

Please, fix that problem!

The rest of my site in html is ok.

Thanks!

my server is theta, but corzel didn't get the same problem. There were no errors in my page because none of the php worked. When u visited the site, since browsers cant read php code, it asked if I wanted to save it, and when I did, it had all of the php code in the file I saved.

This is the messenge: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hash_update() in /home/******/public_html/mail/includes/functions.php on line 58

This means that the hash_update function is being defined more than once. Try using require_once rather than require, or include_once rather than include

This is a major security issue since many passwords for SQL etc... are stored directly in PHP

Ideally, you're meant to store the username and password in a file outside the webroot (eg. /home/[username]/db-settings.php or similar), and then use a require statement to grab the username and password ;)

No its either

<script language="php"></script>

<?php php?>

or <? ?>

<?php ?>, not <?php php?>. People usually use <?php, becuase <? is also used by XML. The <script language="php"> tags are not recommended to be used, and are only really useful for editors that delete <?php ... ?> tags (eg. FrontPage). As far as I know, they are removed in PHP 6 (currently in beta).

To an admin: Probably best to check /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf for PHP configuration, or try run /scripts/easyapache to recompile it ;)

On few of the servers, PHP has been updated to the latest versions due to the increasing demands of our users. I will test the operation and confirm it in some time.

These links will confirm if PHP is working on our servers are not. Please check if PHP for your server by using the following LINK. [sERVER-NAME].xisto.com/info.php If the above link works, please be assured that it was a temporary error which you got since the PHP upgrade process was in progress. Thanks -Shree

Thanks so much for your help Daniel15 and OpaQue! I'll be sure to move my pword files elsewhere now. I was including a php file called database.php in my home directory for the username/pass. But would an admin mind warning us next time the php is updated? I'd still prefer to keep my php code to myself.Thanks! ;)