xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sakamoto

Metroid Zero Mission (gba)

Three days ago, I was lucky enough to come across Metroid Zero Mission boxed in a local games store for only ?12.99, seeing as I completely missed this when it first came out, and I'd had alot of fun playing my firned's copy of Metroid Fusion, I bought it.Now, I'll say it now, I've never been a fan of Metroid at all. This is mainly because my first play of a Metroid game was the horrible Metroid 2 on the Game Boy. The next time I gave the series a chance was when I went multiplayer with a friend on Metroid Primer Hunters on DS, but the stylus control system immediately put me off the game and I put it down.However, I officially apologise for every time I've said a word against the Metroid series, don't get me wrong, Metroid 2 on the Game Boy still sucks, but mt friend's copy of Fusion managed to get me into the mood of "Maybe this deserves another chance" and having had Zero Mission for three days, I'm glad I did give it another chance.I've only managed to accumulate 2 hours gameplay and I'm now fighting Mother Brain,

which apparently means I'll be suitless and against the Space Pirates soon

, but man this is a great game, I'm already thinking of speed running it once I beat it. The controls are really simple, the game is fast paced, allows you alot of freedom, and is ever so subtley linear, in that you don't realise you're on a relatively forced path. Things such as getting all the Energy and Missile Tanks adds replay value, and the game is just fun overall.One thing that is a little disappointing though, is that my friend said the game's hard, now this is something I've heard echoed from others before, but I'm on my very first play through, on Normal mode, and I'm not struggling at all. I've managed to defeat all the bosses (bar Kraid) the first time I've gone up against them, though I doubt the same will be true for Mother Brain, and though enemies are plentiful, they're rather easily dispensed of, and all the time you're constantly getting power upgrades and becoming alot more powerful.Maybe I'm just good at the game, but I'm finding it to be rather short and relatively easy compared to what everyone says about it. Still, it has replay value, in that I will play it again once I finish it to find every room and power up and again to speed run it, then again to see if I can beat it whilst only getting the minimum amount of upgrades needed to complete it.I shall definately be buying Fusion if I can find it though, and my view on the Metroid series has definately been changed. I still say that Prime Hunters has a ridiculous control system, but I'll more than likely try the GameCube Primes.

Thanks for reminding me about this game, I forgot all about it. I'll have to take a trip to the store and see if I can find a copy. I've always loved metriod games - I just played the first Nintendo verion a month ago on an emulator.

Yeah, I kept getting told that the suitless part in the Space Pirates' ship was extremely difficult, but I just got past that first time this morning. Now got the Gravity Suit and heading for the final boss.The game is alot easier than most people make it out to be.