xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
glenstein

What Happened In Ohio?

I read a book with documentation on alleged Republican abuse of power to disenfranchise Democratic voters around the state of Ohio in the 04 presidential elections by using needlessly meticulous and strict rules to void ballots, using malfunctioning machines and purging voter roles. They also set up a website at openelections.org that has the same contents as are found in the book. The book for free!It details startling and irrefutable evidence, of vote maniplulation. It's not some simple scheme that revolved around one event, a collection of heavy handed anti-voting rights initiatives at various levels whether it be purging voter rolls or deliberately giving out deceptive information or several other things. So far in the first chapter I'm reading, we have Republican Ken Blackwell, who was in charge of state voting operations and a few of the things he has done:- threatening to fire state officials under him who don't enforce a rule of his to totally discard votes of people who vote in the wrong precinct even if they voted in the right county. Even though in previous elections it was always ok for voters to vote in their county at any precinct.- Ken Blackwell ordered that new registrants had to submit their forms on a specific type of paper, even after many newpapers had printed and encouraged voting on a different kind of paper. It became a public controversy on which Blackwell eventually reversed his order, but not before severely discouraging and complicating the voting process.- Used little known laws to purge voter rolls in Democratic strongholds in OhioAll in all, certified election results showed near perfect 95% turnout in various Republican areas whilst adjacent Democratic locales only managed to turn out 50% of their population. Nothing even remotely similar happened anywhere else in the country.The more you look at it, the uglier it gets. But visit openelections.org, which is essentially the entire contents of the shiny new $19 book I just bought. Much of the documents offered are sworn testimony of witnesses to particular incidents, and results of hard-fought battles to even be allowed to view the damned election results and vital details relating to them. Read the contents of that site and tell me the 2004 election wasn't stolen.I call this venting with facts.

Edited by glenstein (see edit history)

I think the whole bush administration is crooked and probobly had the Ohio voting officials in their pocket...After all the things ive heard thats happened..and the sudden recount in florida (were georges brother is in charge of polls) I think we have been scammed. Its a damn shame too because this is a great country but its the crooked people who run it that are tearin it apart...Well theres nothing i can do but Vote the democrats into office..But that still dosnt mean that the democrats will have our backs..You never can tell these days but with G.W Bush it was kind of obvious that he was an incompetent idiot...I love this great nation and will live here till i die...But people need to stop believing everything they hear and look for the truth themselves instead of just agreeing with things just so its easier....But like i said O-Well theres nuthin i can do-KuSh

I think the whole bush administration is crooked and probobly had the Ohio voting officials in their pocket...After all the things ive heard thats happened..and the sudden recount in florida (were georges brother is in charge of polls) I think we have been scammed. Its a damn shame too because this is a great country but its the crooked people who run it that are tearin it apart...Well theres nothing i can do but Vote the democrats into office..But that still dosnt mean that the democrats will have our backs..You never can tell these days but with G.W Bush it was kind of obvious that he was an incompetent idiot...I love this great nation and will live here till i die...But people need to stop believing everything they hear and look for the truth themselves instead of just agreeing with things just so its easier....But like i said O-Well theres nuthin i can do-KuSh

I'll agree with most everything you just posted, and I'll take it a stop further. There hasn't been an honest presidential election in this country since before Kennedy was elected and IL was manipulated to steal that election. Many state elections are fraudulant too such as WA this past gubnatorial election when it was stolen by the democrat. Next time someone tells you "it's a free country", tell them it's not and hasn't been for a long time. It'd help if people stopped thinking in terms of Dem vs Rep or conservative vs liberal, black vs white and all that. Try and remember that those of us who are actually here legally as citizens are Americans first. The forces who want to destroy the sovereignty of this country and all others have only to turn us against eachother to make that possible. Remember, Nationalism first, Globalism - never!

I have too agree with you there Watermonkey....i may believe in most of what the democrats stand for but i wont pick a presidential candidate based on is party, I think it should be based on morale fiber and what they can offer us in terms of national growth and our peoples health and welfare....People do tend to think too much in terms of a "group" rather then an individual...i guess it is easier for most people too lob everyone in catagories rather then figure out for themselves the individuality of everyone.

This too shall pass. Listen, all of the jury-rigging in the world isn't going to save George Bush and his cronies any more. The Republican "Contract with America" has been torn up, spat on, stepped on, pooped on and lastly vomited on by nearly 70% of registered American voters. It's OVER! George Bush is the most hated man on the PLANET and anyone associated with him bears his stigma....so EVERYONE is desperately trying to distance themselves from him.

What happened in Ohio? Most likely it was a raw, crooked deal conjured up by desperate Republicans in the President's pocket. It's unlikely it was on a cosmic conspiracy scale, but you hassle enough common folk who just want to take 10 minutes and vote, and you're going to turn the tide...especially in a race as evenly divided as this last one.

Will it happen again?? NO WAY! This already has enough negative press and eventually it WILL reach the White House and the President will AGAIN apologize, take responsibility for his party's actions and ask for legislation that will prevent it from happening again.....but he'll do it AFTER the law is already in effect.

Anyone catch the Presidential State of the Union Address last night??? Our monkey-President stood in front of the entire world and said "we need legislation that prevents these 'earmarks' from sneaking into bills and getting treated with the force of law when no one actually voted on them". Uhm...er....Mister President...the NEW Congress already took care of that IN THEIR FIRST WEEK!!!! True story. Ridiculous.

Yeah...the days of Jack Abramoff, Tom DeLay, Bob Ney etc are OVER and this kind of nonsense is going to be a thing of the past. No more bogus redistricting, no more voter intimidation, no more bogus signatures to gets things put on a ballot....the people want the TRUTH and yes...we can handle the truth! (Thank you Jack and Tom for that scene....I still LOVE that movie so much!)