xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Impact

The Incredible Machine 3

This game is probably the most puzzling game i have played and i'd suggest it to anyone who wants a challange. You basically use a whole load of parts and devices to achieve a certain objective. Im sure you can find a copy somewhere, (dc, torrent) ;) If your bored and want a challange have a go at it.

Heh, in fact, I was just about to start a thread with regard to the 'Incredible Machine' series of games. Good thing I searched up this post first :) The original Incredible Machine has to be one of my favourite all-time computer games. Back when CDs first came out, I remember my dad borrowing this game from a colleague. We would spend hours on end trying to figure out the puzzles and nothing could be more satisfying than being able to solve the challenges as well as spending quality time with Pops.The premise of the game is really simple: build a machine that will serve some kind of purpose. Purposes range from getting a ball into a basket, a mouse into a trap, guiding a kid (good 'ol Mel) back to his home, lighting a candle... the list goes on. However, the magic in the game lies in its open-endedness, particularly the way in which you build your machine. Most levels can be solved in a multitude of ways... ideally, you would want your machine to be simple (levels come with timed bonuses, the sooner you figure it out, the more points you get) by laying down as few parts as possible. At the same time though, the game never holds you back from being creative since you can make your machine as complicated and 'incredible' as you would like. Sometimes, it would seem rather idiotic to make such a complicated machine to perform such a basic task but rest assure, nothing can be more satisfying than watching your creation do it's job (and do it successfully) after hitting the 'run machine' button.I feel like I can go on forever when talking about how ingenius this game is (and how much I love it for that matter) so rather than hear me blab on, be sure to check it out. I can almost guarantee that anyone would be instantly hooked by how much fun such a simple game can be, not to mention how profound of an effect it can have for any aspiring engineers, gadget builders, or anyone who has ever asked the question "I wonder if that were possible..."

I own the very first one. I didn't know that they made others. It was pretty easy once you got the hang of it, but some puzzles were tricky. It's nice to have that hint button!

Sounds like a cool game do you know where I can find more info on it?

The Incredible Machine.
Yes, TIM 3 is awesome game. I remember how I played it when I was about younger. But when I try to play the game now I get an error. :D And BTW, do you know that Vivendi is making TIM for mobile phones? :P They will come out in march. (can't wait)

I love this game, there is another game call Armadillo Run, is very very very neat, i love that game, and is a lot much simpler than TIM but it makes you think a lot. Does anyone know where I can find TIM for PocketPC or another game similar??? i just got spb SuperMind, or something like that... cool game, but i would like to get TIM for PPC

TIM: The Incredible Machine, for me one of the greatest examples of casual games is back.

In the classic game, the player must solve 80 puzzles with objects such as strings, gears, balloons, etc.. Doing as the villains of cartoons who want to kill the boy, to win the stage.

Now, Vivendi Mobile Games, following on the idea that casual games are geared to the female audience, launches a version based on TIM with an interactive video, starring Farah McDaring, a super-heroine with quick thinking and a super exchange.
Farah uses objects that pull in your pocket to save his family the obstacles of the day to day and video challenges viewers to help it solve a theft at the site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Anyone who wants to download the original click here

To play the game you need to have a DOS emulator.