xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Help : Ftp Setup For Smf Package Manager

I've installed SMF in my website, I found a very useful feature for adding packages in it. The FTP Package Manager enables us to browse and download the mods directly from the source to our website through FTP, hence saving time and bandwith.

I want to se3tup this feature, this requires my FTP server name and login info.

MY doubt is should I give just the site FTP address, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or for the forum folder http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or for the packages folder.

I would go with the ftp from the site and I tell you why, the security is already set up to prevent anyone from uploading to your site. So that's one less thing to worry about.I wouldn't give ftp access to your forum, because their are many way to sql inject a forum. Though I never heard of someone doing it through ftp.However if oyu feel uncomfortable I would set a separate ftp account that in no way could affect either of your sites and give full access to the point where they can download stuff.

thanx for the concern and the advise saint Michael.This system is not for submitting to the other website, I'm setting this in my Admin Control Panel of the Forum. Is this also risky??