xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
detportal

Central Authentication Systems

Recently I've become more and more interested in Central Authentication Systems like JA-SIG (https://www.apereo.org/). This Systems can be installed on a server where you have many different applications requiring a login (In my case, I have SMF, Joomla and MediaWiki, all of which require a login) and the user simply logs in to the CAS and is authenticated by all these applications. I was wondering, is there a way we could implement that on our Xisto hosting accounts? Because none of the bridges for MediaWiki and SMF suit my purposes. And I really can't code PHP. I'm pretty sure we need an admin to do that. But I really don't get these kinds of things.

I was wondering, is there a way we could implement that on our Xisto hosting accounts?

Are you requesting that your forum login and cpanel login to be centralized? We have no plan to execute that at this time. And perhaps it's safer this way.

If you want to centralize this within your computer there are free software you can download to do this within your work station--sometimes this is called Password Vault. This program was available free some time ago in Giveaway of the day forum.

If you want to centralize your login to internet accounts from anywhere, you can implement this script and have, i.e. <iframe> to show places to login...where CAS runs transparent in the foreground. But this is just a suggestion. For this, once you reply which action you would like to take, members can help you with coding.

Try IP Converge its in beta so its free. All you need to do is link the api into a few of your script and then you can have a centralized login from the converge app

Are you requesting that your forum login and cpanel login to be centralized? We have no plan to execute that at this time. And perhaps it's safer this way.

No. Because I have Joomla, SMF and Mediawiki installed, I was wondering if there's a way for members to have one account for all three (and perhaps more applications), because none of the bridges suit my purposes.

But the website I found for JA-SIG really isn't helpful, and I don't know whether it is possible for us members to deploy it on our hosting accounts, and where we should deploy it to (public_html or higher?). And also, I really don't understand how you use these clients and how to get your applications to accept these Systems.

In response to CrazyRob, IP Converge is for those who currently have a licence for IP Board, Nexus or Dynamic. I don't have any of these licenses. And also, according to wikipedia and other sources, it is only intended for integrating Invision Power Services' products, not anything else.
Edited by detportal (see edit history)