xisto Community
communitykat

Cannot Install More Than One Script In Root Directory I am trying to install Joomla, but cant

I can only assume your referring to the pre-install scripts,, the simple answer is if you have two pre-installed scripts running on the actual root directory like it will create some conflict in the servers so I suggest 1 of 2 ways to do this

1. Download joomla from the main then upload it that way.

2. Preinstall into it's own directory then set up a redirect for your joomla on your index page. Unless their is something different about it this will mess up your SEO when people search for your site.

EDIT: I do believe this little PHP script will be able to solve the index on the redirect issue

<?Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );Header( "Location: http://new-url.com; );?> 

Hopefully this helps, of course last I knew you couldn't do a install on the root directory without creating any problems.