xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zak92

Domain Or What?

I actually wanted help on couple of things and it searched lots of forums and all noobs around. Maybe someone from here can help me?

1. I have a site not hosted here. It has everything set up and configured and the domain is from afraid.freedns.org. I have set it to right NS and parked it as well. The domain dont seem to work for me even through CuteFTP i cant upload files. It works for everyone and i bet it will work for you too but it doesnt work for me. I know this wont be advertising because the site has nothing but a splash page that my friend upped for me. It says server not found.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2. This one is a silly one though. I wanted to know if anyone here knows any cheap domain sites because i want to buy a domain. .org is my option. If anyone knows cheap sites that sell them for like lets say somewhat between 1.99 and 2.99 id be happy to buy them.

EDIT

3. If i have hosting here am i allowed to have a imagehosting script run here.

4.Is the payment of credits monthly or not?

Thank you
zak92

Edited by zak92 (see edit history)

I got a "server not found" error on that link from above. It does take a couple of days to propagate a new Domain name around the web, so give it 48 hours since you added the information about your Domain Name Server.

And here is a link to cheap Domain names from Xisto - Web Hosting.com, a sister company to the Xisto.
Domain names from $1.80 USD last time I looked.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

1: Yeah it usually takes about 24-72 for everyone to see it although, I got the same thing, but it looks like a completely dead domain so you might want to check on that again. Also the other domain the afraid one went to a site looking for hosting so you might want to check that as well.2. Refer to haslip post about cheap domains.3. You can do whatever with your account just as long as it follows the guidelines set by the host.4. 1 credit=1 day of hosting so the amount of credits you have are based on how well your posts are. Now if you choose to pay for credits then it is a one time payment.