xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Which Movie Was Better In The Evil Dead Trilogy?

Which Movie was Better in the Evil Dead Trilogy?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those who know this Trilogy which movie do you think was better of the 3. Me I believe Army of Darkness was better, due to the fact their was more put into it especially the comedy that was done. Of course the Original was ok but was more b-rated shocker then anything else. I feel that Evil Dead 2 was a let down. They basically added parts that should have been in the first one but where taken out and used as filler for the 2nd movie.Of course you must have seen all three movies and if you haven't rent or buy and then reply with your answer

I read through Bruce Cambell's autobiography once over a cup of coffee at Barnes and Noble. Really an interesting book, especially if you have any interest in the indie film business. Really the book is more of a "How to do a low budget indie film" than an autobiography other than about his brief stints as a real hollywood actor.

Sorry, I stumbled onto this topic and had to respond because I :D Bruce Campbell and these movies are classic.

I have to agree with Mike that Army of Darkness is really the best of the three. However, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a trilogy. If you've seen them, you'll notice that Evil Dead 1 & 2 are extremely similar, except that one seems a little more campy and comedic than the first. This is because the director Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell wanted to include elements from the first movie in Army of Darkness but had sold the rights to Evil Dead. So they made Evil Dead 2 instead. I'm guessing that they still had rights to the script. They went for less of the B-movie thriller aspect and more of the "B-movie that knows it's a B-movie" aspect.

Army of Darkness is absolutely hilarious and full of quotable lines. I actually have 2-3 DVD versions of it: the regular one, the bootleg edition, and the necronomicon. Oops, sorry, I've got the Evil Dead in the Necronomicon. Anyways, I liked the original ending better than the director's cut.

Hail to the king, baby.

I have not seen Army of Darkness, But I will still say the Evil Dead was the best among the three movies. I still remember some years back the kind of horror I went when I saw that movie for the 1st time in the good old school days.