xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fboard

How To Reset, Retrieve Windows Xp User Password ? Its a simple methord Just read it

IF U R IN TROUBLE ? LOST YOUR XP LOGIN USERNAME AND PASSWORD ......

=====================================================================

You can get in to anu user account if you are using windows administrative account its a simple methord !

STEP 1 . CLCIK - START MENU !

STEP 2 . TAKE "RUN"

STEP 3 . RUN "mmc" - Microsoft Management Console

There u get a new NEW WINDOW - name Console

STEP 4. Click FILE TAB

STEP 5. TAKE " ADD / REMOVE "

STEP 6. Click " Add.." - (Child window)

STEP 7. "Add Local User and Groups " From the category

STEP 8. THEN CLICK - OK

STEP 9. CLICK USER

Now u can see all USER account

STEP 10. Right Click on any user u want to change !

STEP 11. Choose " Set Password "

STEP 12. Type NEWPASSWORD - and click OK !

Process Over ! Now you can Logout .... then Login with other user ( that u change password ) with Newpassword !

Thank U :lol:

AMALRAJ

fboard.org

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Refrain from using U instead of YOU, R instead of ARE. You are smarter than that.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hello fboard, and welcome to the forum. That's a nice tutorial, why didn't you post it in the tutorial sections? There are lots of tutorials concerning this topic, did you made this by yourself, or did you use some info from a site or a book on the net, if so you must quote what you copied from the site or book. Anyway, thank you for the new trick, plus it is not a hack, a hack is something unleagal, but this is perfectely legal.

woah, that's a nice way of doing that......I had to do the same at work a few months ago but since I didn't hear about the MMC back then we did it the "dump password file->brute force it"-way.Maybe we could make it an extensive tutorial covering both methods? "my way" is especially useful if you're locked out of the admin account...(anyways, I don't have this problem anymore with my personal computer - I can just boot from a live-CD, chroot into my hard drive and change the password :lol:)

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

thats a great tip friend, but I've a control panel snap-in that helps me to manage the userpasswords, If you are logged into an administrator account then you can use this tool to change tht password of any account you want to change.

The 3rd method (1st two being to to reset it via an administrator, or dumping the password list) is to create a new password. Then hash the new password, and then dump the password into the registry over the old one. Although the admin reset method is the easiest.

Edited by MCSESubnet (see edit history)

Isn't this the same thing as changing the password by going to Control Panel > User Accounts? The only difference is that your version takes longer and is harder to remember. This is totally pointless...

...I had to do the same at work a few months ago but since I didn't hear about the MMC back then we did it the "dump password file->brute force it"-way.Maybe we could make it an extensive tutorial covering both methods? "my way" is especially useful if you're locked out of the admin account...
(anyways, I don't have this problem anymore with my personal computer - I can just boot from a live-CD, chroot into my hard drive and change the password :unsure:)

Can you please tell me how did you do that ( dump password )? I have a problem with a computer at which I don't remeber all characters from password ... and I don't want to reinstal Windows Xp ( SP2) at this time.
Thank you!

I can't pay a compliment to the mothod,there are also many other ways to reset password.for example,click "start"--"run"--type"cmd"---type"net user administrator yourpassword".everybody knows that~

Cool tutorial. Thanks for the information. I am also able to just boot off a live CD if I lost my password/username.@ BuffaloHELP:You should've said "u r smarter then that" :unsure: just kidding