xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Koopler

Dai.sy

For those who don't know, Dai.sy is a cool firefox addon. It allows you to chat with other dai.sy users who are browsing this site, post blogs, and share files. The file sharing aspect is a little iffy, but other than that, it's an awesome app.

So does anyone here use it? I haven't seen anyone on recently, so I'm just spreading the word because this thing has the potential to be the greatest addon ever if it gets the publicity.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm not sure how useful I find it for myself, as in....I don't think I'll feel the need to chat with other visitors of a random website, and start another blog and stuff, but I most certainly love the idea. Especially for websites, of which you'd like to get to know co-visitors better, and which don't have a forum or shoutbox themselves, it would be totally neat. I'm not yet going to use it myself, but I find it awesome. Thank you for sharing. I really like the idea of 'the human side of the internet'.

This concept is really interesting, imagine meeting up with a potential customer for your company through this plugin. I like this idea really, but as with all new technologies, there have to be a fair amount of building up and hard work so that we could see a community which would communicate with each other whilst surfing this site using this plugin. Does this site show how many users it currently has its plugin installed with? Chances are that with this site, we will find it difficult to test it out because not many people have used it. I recon Dai.sy should market it to CNET, Zdnet, Yahoo! .... etc so that we could get more users of this plugin. I personally would like to try it, maybe I could message Koopler just by using that plugin and save the hassle of private messages in a forum. I just realised that this plugin totally eliminates private messaging on a real time basis in the forum. Can't wait to try it

Hmm I'm not sure if it's worthwhile for me as I like to lurk a lot and oh noez contact with people :lol:but once i clear up my 238120938120 firefox add ons this is definitely getting a trial run.

I really like the idea, but how many people have got this installed? I would give it a test, but I doubt I would meet anyone on the site's that I visit that I would want to talk to. There seems to be a lot of users on Google, but I don't see why anyone would want to talk to other people on Google.Ah well, if this gets big, I will give it a try.