xisto Community
matak

Super Brain -- Could It Be Possible? More like Multitasking brain --

Actually while some who might say that we use only 10% or 2% of our brain at the same time, I believe that we actually use the whole brain except just parts of it. So technically, we use parts of the brain at one time but we can't use the rest.

i just realized that in order to have a super brain you just need to want it real badly - so to speak.maybe the only difference between human and computers is that computers can't make mistakes, humans can.I watched that movie "My first 200 hundred years" with Robin Williams, and it kinda answered a lot's of my questions that bothered me last few months.Computers are programmed to do something, and they can't and never will be smarter than those who programmed them. Now the only difference that i think humans can measure their "smarts" is the time someone needs to learn something. There is no "normal" person that can't learn something if he really doesn't mean to learn that - the only difference between two ppl learning same thing is that "smarter one" is going to learn it faster. At least that is how we (at least most of us) think about smarts.So when you make a "smart" program it can't learn anything, it can only do things that it is programmed to much faster than humans can.The greatest example i had in my life was 3D drawings. In school we needed to draw 3D projects of Houses with use of geometry that we learned how. Now humans made 3D software that draws projects i would say about 1000 times faster than humans ever can. BUT that doesn't make any difference at all beacouse if you can't draw, or better, if you don't understand 3D you can't use that software even if someone teaches you how.OK, i got a bit OT now, what does all of this have to do with superbrain..Let's say that we drew those projects by hand before and it took about a week to make few walls of house. While drawing one would listen to music, or rest and read some book while resting.Now, computer steals time beacouse it allows "one" to be quickly done with his project and therefor takes you a week of listening to music or reading book, and only gives you more work which has to be done. Of course it is not that simple.You can say maybe that you listen to music in front of computer, but by doing what? Bloging? If you think of how human brain works than you can say that on concert you will understand music better than listening CD, maybe beacouse you will "feel the rithm" or be drunk or just feel "grooovy"...I kinda lost my point here, but if anybody catches it feel free to reply :lol:

I think some parts of our brain is psychic, because many people has already prove that they can do psychic things with their brain.Such as bending spoons and reading minds.

they are fakes, just some illusions to make you think that they are physic. i can do that too, i could "float" :D

I had also proven to myself that sometimes I (and most people) knows what exactly will happen next.And I always know if something big is going to happen, or knowing a place you never gone before and feels very familiar with it, after a few minutes, days or maybe years, something will happen at that place when i was looking at the same spot last time I saw it.
Sometimes I also seems really familiar to someone doing something that rarely happens and than happened again after few days.
Sometimes my dreams also tells me something, such as what will happen today.

even though i disagree with you at the top of my post, this point you gave i will have to agree with you i also had experiences with it(not just a few).
Edited by nstay (see edit history)

The brain has infinite potential, and you can't calculate the percentage of infinity, so nobody knows what percent of their brain they use, although it's rather close to zero.

Call me stupid unless no one else knew this but the 10% of the brain usage is a myth, I was going to do some searching on this and I saw quite a few sties about the 10% myth. Go figure on that so the actual usage could be more or could be less.

Finally! Gloria Hallelujah! Someone else in here doesn't believe in the 10% myth!

Allow me to add a rather humorous link to a myth debunking site: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

Well, seriously, I use all of my brain, thank you. Some parts of it process what I sense, some parts process what I will do and most of it, well, just keeps me alive by signaling me when I should eat, drink, relieve myself or sleep.

Anyway, the allure to this 10% myth is the possibility of surpassing our human potentials, more specifically, one-upping our fellow humans with a significant advantage such as alleged telekinetic or telepathic powers, total memory recall, superior calculation speed or an extrahuman analysis skills. While, I have to admit, there are people out there who are smarter than us, compute faster than us or appear to "read our thoughts", I think these have much more mundane explanations than "using the part of the brain most of us don't"

I mean, if we really have this certain part of our brain that we don't use, we could just harmlessly remove it, right? Say, we figured in an accident and we get a steel nail penetrating our skull. Do we hear doctors say, "Ladies and gentlemen, don't panic. It just injured that part of the brain he wasn't using. True, he'll never be able to bend spoons anymore but this good chap doesn't seem to be the type who'd have an unusual fetish of eating soup with horribly disfigured spoons."

To illustrate how frail the entire brain is, suppose that one suffers a slight hit in some arbitrary part of the brain. From this, it is possible for one to lose any of his five external senses. Even internal senses like propioception could be disrupted. The end result will be impairment in one's daily life. Really, nobody could say that the victim lost something he just wasn't using anyway.

I believe that those who exhibit special talents certainly were not able to do so by "automagically" activating some exotic, secret nerve center in their brain. Rather, it is probably honed through years of training. Even "mind readers" (or con men) had to, at least, practice warm and cold readings on their victims to pull of a most convincing gag.

That site you posted at first looks like it brakes the 10% myth but this that i read at the end still makes me wonder

Now if children have the ability to regenerate damaged brain and use it, does it mean that the part they're using for that regeneration is never going to be used for anything else. So that practically means that they are going to be less smart their hole lives than the other children which had normal life without damaged brain.

Now, i belive that those children who managed to regenerate brain are going to be even smarter, beacouse they have learned how to transform certain parts of brain that would probably be used for something else, and now they can probably transform other parts of brain they don't really need in those they do.

I think this recovery has more to do with the adaptability that comes with youth. We can say that they have recovered because their brain is not processing too much yet. In other words, the tasks assigned to each nerve center is not yet "hard wired"... allow me an analogy.

Let's say I have a shoe factory. There are groups like the Managers, the Sales Team, the Design Team, the Advertisers, the Public Relations, the Leather Cutters, the People-who-use-Needles and the People-who-use-hammers, even Cleanup Crews, the Treasurer, the CEO and the Human Resources Department. Now, a child's brain is like a shoe factory, only, all the people in there have just graduated from college, or high school. Now, onto the trauma.

Suppose a meteorite lands on my factory and damages the are of the warehouse where the Leather Cutters are. Since most of my employees are fresh graduates, we can easily find employees who, with a bit of training, we can re-configure into Leather Cutters.

Now, the adult brain, however, is like a really great shoe factory. My Leather Cutters are absolute experts in their field; the Needles-people and the Hammers-people are professionals, the Design Team has already won multiple awards, the Cleanup Crews are the most efficient in cleaning up the most amount of mess in the shortest amount of time. Now, suppose a meteorite annihilates all my Leather Cutters, it will be much harder to find replacements from within the company. Why is that?

See my Design Team have devoted much of their time honing their artistic skill they wouldn't know about the consistency, texture or proper handling of leather. (People in the shoe business, bear with me, who's not in the shoe business) My Hammers-people and Needles-people are quite excellent but give them a knife or a pair of scissor and they'd find themselves at a complete loss. My Cleanup Crew, perhaps, could come up with leather in horrid shapes, but absolutely spotless :D See what I'm getting? It would take a lot of unlearning before any of these idiots could begin learning how to cut leather properly.

Same with the human brain. These children recovered from brain injuries not due to any super-brain power but simply because they are children. It's not like they even consciously "transformed" their brain cells so I really doubt they'd be any more superior than other people. As a matter of fact, they could even be more "flawed" since they lack a certain number of brain cells.

Let's say we are using 100% of our brain (which i really don't think is true) but let's say you can perhaps transform that part of the brain that is used for smell to the part used for listening. I myself don't really care what am i eating so i really don't need that smell so much but i really care to what am i listening so i would like to trade my smell for my hearing. Do you see what am i getting at?

Unfortunately, we, as humans, have a different idea of necessity compared to our bodies. So we have smokers, alcoholics, druggies, adrenaline junkies, gourmands, sex-trippers or even masochists.

Suppose that you did transform your smell-nerves to hearing-nerves. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to really appreciate Beethoven's 9th Symphony or Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Princess but you'd never taste an apple or an orange, foie gras or caviar the same way again. No big deal, huh? Now, consider this. How would you know if a pie has gone bad? How would you detect the scent of smoldering carpet? How would you even be aware of the corpse rotting under your bed?

In that 100% used brain there is at least 20% used for something that is totally unnecessary.

I believe that we are not, as humans, qualified to be absolute judges of necessity. Sometimes, I wonder at the irony of people with congenital defects living happy, almost-normal lives while some of us "normal" people could think only of dissatisfaction over the way the Earth Mother created us and brood about extra-human enhancements.

Training the brain or doing mental exercises is not bad, mind you. It has the benefit of pushing back senility and atrophy. I just feel strongly against the belief that we could jump start a, previously inactive, secret part of our brain and, all of a sudden, gain an upperhand over everyone else. It is, simply put, a combination of science fiction, wishful thinking and laziness, in my opinion.

The thing that bothers me the most and what i really think could be made with lot of practise is the abbility to train the brain to do several things at once. I even think that even simplest activity like maybe surfing and listening to music is doing more things at once. But how to take control of it. We all now, at least most of us that humans are using just 5-7% of their brain, well at least that the area where there is electricity so it is considered the used part of brain. But what about the rest.

Some people believe that the brain has untapped potential: I believe this is possible. It has been said (search Google) that it is a myth that people only use 5-7% of their brains. I think this might be true, but I'm not absolutely sure. It might be good for you to examine holograph theory in relation to the mind and the universe if you want to know more. The basic idea of holograms is that in one, you can store a massive amount of information: so I do believe that the brain is able to store a lot more information than we'd normally think, if it really is a store of information. Another idea of mental ability, which I ascribe to, is that the brain acts more as a router than a hard drive and CPU, and that the actual components are on a non-physical level of reality. Astral plane, energetic plane, other planes, vibrations, and levels of existences are basically what I'm talking about. I posit that the brain just acts as a compositor of this information. My reasoning on this theory? It's based in meditation. If you look in certain metaphysics groups, and discover what they see through meditation, I think you'd be quite astounded. People are supposedly able to interact with a deeper part of their beings -- they feel that it's true. This is what one might call the 'soul' or 'spirit' of the human. Remote viewing, telepathy, empathy, and all sorts of psychic/psionic faculties can possibly be described by saying that the brain isn't the only utility we have in the mental/cognitive realm. All of these theories wouldn't be so popular if there was at least some truth underlying the myth, amirite? :( Even if it might not be what you expect it to be.

So it's not just the brain, but also whether or not we have other parts and components on currently unseeable levels that drive our potential up.

If you want more information on how to do these metaphysical activites, I'd suggest you check out a website, http://vsociety.net/, and search for Dynamic Psi. Of course, one might believe that this is all hogwash. Even so, you still have holograph theory :D. And the idea that the brain uses quantum tunneling, which might explain its speed. So you have an increased hard drive space through holograms in the brain, and increased CPU speed through quantum tunneling. If you read the book The Holographic Universe, you'll discover that holograms don't even have to be placed in normal physical spatial terms of X, Y, and Z. We can store memories anywhere we like.

Edited by Vardigon (see edit history)

Hmm our brain could multitask i think.A little example,I can write with left and right ... this is not multitaking but,I write 2 different things. I took alooooooooottt of practice and it needs a lot of concentration but i can do it.Here is a tip how you could accomplish this:First you wil need to practice to write with your right hand if you are lef handed and visa versa,in the process your brain wil make more connections between some parts of your brain ( don't know which one ).Once you can write with youre other hand you can start on writing with 2 hands the same sentence/words.then the next step is writing 2 different sentences/words at the same time.It will take a huge amount of time to learn but it is possible.If this could be considered as multitasking than it is possible. :)

Maybe the 10% is because of the energy usage. The brain is quite power hungry. Perhaps the extra 90% kicks in during extreme emergencies - life and death situations. There are reports of time seeming to slow down and super human strength from people who have been through this.

Lot of people have had experiences of their dreams coming true...and people just think that they have started foreseeing things...but i think it's not true...people just love relating their dreams to reality....Just think this way...we all dream a lot...so their may be instances when in our real life some events may happen which may be closer to our dreams...and we think we are foreseeing things when they may be just pure coincidence...If some such coincidence happens to a guy, he just goes about telling everyone...and after many retelling ...the story is twisted so much that people think the guy has some psychic abilities.....anyways we are going off the topic...yeah , its true that we don't use much of our brain...some use more and some use less....i have had a few very brilliant friends who could solve tough logic problems much faster than most of us...but the question is how does one develop his thinking power....and the answer i have is, using it more and more....even the genius friend i am talking about had the habit of thinking deep in every problem given to him...not mugging up things as most of us do....so if we work the brain more and more...it will develop more...we just need some good brain exercises...and their are sites who are good at it...one such site is funtrivia....

Oh I don't think we use 10% of our brains, in fact I believe we use less than that don't we? I know that people who use that much of their brain are actually super geniouses, however this also makes them lack in other areas (such as communication). Having a super brain that can allow you do many things at once may actually just 'fry' your brain so to speak. Then again, if you used even 30% of your brain you could do so much more. The question is how do you access such a high amount >.>

yeah we do use less than 10% of our brains. if we could use 30% that could do a massive amount of things and be a lot more capable doing multitasking. Imagine if we could use 100% of our brain lolz. We would be like really powerful mentally. :lol:

The thing that bothers me the most and what i really think could be made with lot of practise is the abbility to train the brain to do several things at once. I even think that even simplest activity like maybe surfing and listening to music is doing more things at once. But how to take control of it. We all now, at least most of us that humans are using just 5-7% of their brain, well at least that the area where there is electricity so it is considered the used part of brain. But what about the rest.

Is it possible for someone to use more that 10% of the brain? I mean, what if there was an art to somehow control all, or almost all, parts of your brain? We would be much smarter? Technology and the economy would soar like crazy? Would we be able to look into our past lives? See the future?

had a same things with dreams. just not so vivid. i dreamt few days ago some horrifying dream with my car and 3 days later i had an accident. i was ok, but my car isn't.
dreams can be interpretations of future that is going to happen, but then again if we try to avoid something that happened to us in a dream maybe something even worst could happen. that is the balance of nature and karma which i really belive in.

So maybe if we could manage all parts of our brains, we would be able to interpret the future ourselves? I wonder if we could control it, fate would punish us and turn to the worst scenario possible.

Will humans ever create a device for humans to control the human brain?

The brain is like a dual-core CPU... Just integrated so much that it literally acts as a single-core CPU... But if you break that connection, it would turn the brain back into a dual-core CPU...I was watching a documentary about a savant who's connection between his brain's hemisphere's are so terrible, he can read two pages on a book at the same time and because of that, he can memorise anything and everything he sees/hears/says etc as an added bonus... :) The brain has possibly infinite amout of "memory" as in theory, if every subatomic particle in the universe was converted to data, it SHOULD fit into the memory on a single human brain... :oWe do use <12% of our brain at any one time... And by brain I mean neurons... So we can only use <12% of all the neurons in the human brain at any one time...A normal human brain cannot possible multi-task like that of a quad-core CPU... Nor can it do things as fast but it has infinite potential... Meaning a few genetic adjustmentrs here and there and a Intel Core 2 Quad surgically placed inside the brain :P should do the trick... :P;)