xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dez Ironer

I Cannot Connect To Mysql Cant connect to database

I am trying to install an excellent mailing list program called poMMo - written in PHP.I keep getting the below message and am not sure how to fix it.Connected to database server but could not select database: "jeldi_pommo".jeldi_pommo is the name of my database. It works. I've checked in phpMyAdmin through cPanel.It says it's connected to the MySQL server, so it cant be user/pass issues.If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.I'm genuinely stumped!

After creating your database, did you create a USER with proper password *THEN* Grant permissions on a MySQL database to a MySQL user? And made sure Privileges are set to ALL?When you were setting poMMo, did you enter all the right fields, such as localhost as the database host name along with username and password?When requesting for support next time, please list ALL of your steps so that we can identify where you might have missed something or trouble shoot the cause.