xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PlugComputers

Help With Javascript Calculator On My Website Please!

Hello all,

As many of you may know my website, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is in the business of building custom gaming computers. I need some help coding one part of my site and I have never been too good at javascript.

First off, I'm assuming what I am wanting to do would be done with javascript...my problem is as follows:

On our build customization pages (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/intelschedule.php for example) vistors can go though the page and select which components they want for their computer. The problem is people are selecting things they really dont know much about as far as the prices are concerned. Their submissions are submitted to our build team and then the vistor is quoted a price for their configuration. The issue with this is the computer they configure is often way out of their price range.

What I wanted to do was assign dollar values to each component on the page so that when a user selects that option a total price at the bottom of the page is updated accordingly. The price upgrade amount would then be listed next to the component they selected.

For Example:

[_] AMD Dual Core x2 3800+ (+0)

[X] AMD Dual Core x2 4400+ (+$70)

When the visitor selects option 2 above (Dual Core 4400+) their system total will increase by $70, and so on for the rest of the components of their computer such as hard drives, memory, video cards, ect.

If you are familiar with Dell or Alienware's custom build pages you will see what Im talking about, people click what they want, and are given a new price based upon their selections.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking for some scripts for this, but havent been able to really find any. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Or is there someone here that has some experience with this? Thanks alot.