xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
detportal

Drupal Questions

Hi all,
I have a few questions about the Drupal Content Management System.
First of all, is there a way to integrate/bridge two content management systems together? E.g have Joomla! manage the entire site yet have Drupal manage a small section that is integrated into the "entire site" that Joomla! manages?
Second, is it possible to create articles that only certain users can view using Drupal? There are some articles that I would like to restrict to certain people. I know it is possible to do that with Joomla! but is it possible to do that with Drupal?
And as a side question, does anyone have any ideas for good things to do with a CGI-BIN? (if that's what you call it? I'm a newbie to CGI, this is the first host I have that supports it).

edit:
i have found an extension called FlexiNode which lets me restrict content to certain users but when I try to install it I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/random1/public_html/drupal/modules/flexinode/flexinode.module on line 234

I tried taxonomy access control module as an alternative, and this came up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/random1/public_html/drupal/modules/taxonomy_access/taxonomy_access.module on line 98

I then tried Simple Access Module:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ')' in /home/random1/public_html/drupal/modules/simple_access/simple_access.module on line 202

can someone help?
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

The short answer to this is no. The long answer is, yes, it should be possible, but no matter what you do you are going to have a lot of recoding on your hands. It may be easier to port or create the feature you want from Drupel and create a Joomla componet, mambot, etc..

I am confident that your issue will be resolved once you follow my method posted regarding SMF installation.

Your topic and post http://forums.xisto.com/topic/43509-parse-errors-while-installing-smf-board/ resolved that issue.

FireFTP seems to be mishandling your uploads. Instead of using the browser extension to upload, please use FTP client such as FireZilla, SmartFTP or CuteFTP, and your parse errors will disappear.

This topic is closed. Please PM a moderator if you would like to continue this discussion.