xisto Community
Hadi

I Can't Login With Firefox And Other Problems

I am having a problem: When trying to login with firefox, I just can't, it takes me back to the login page without being loged in. I am wondering why? Plus while logging in with IE6, The forums main page is always displayed the same. Not even the forum but the whole forum. I can't see my posts nor my credits. And PMs inclueded. I tried deleting all offline pages, setting up the cookies and deleting all my history sites, but none of this work. Perhaps it's because I newly installed Google Web accelerator. I don't need it, so I am thinking of uninstalling it. Somebody Please Help!!P.S: This happens sometimes. But the forum refreshes once every couple of days!!

Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

could be that you have incorrect login details (username and/or password) so it brings you back to the login page? btw, what firefox version are you using. most of us here (which includes me) are using the latest version, and only when i entered a wrong username or password during login do i get returned to the login page. as for IE, never used it for accessing Xisto forums so i can't help you there. :)

I use Firefox 2.0 and the forums work just ok..You might try to check the "remember me" box, maybe it`ll work this way :rolleyes:As you said, maybe G-Web Accelerator is the problem, try uninstalling it and see whether it works.. Good luck solving your problem :)

I would uninstall the Google web accelerator (no one really needs it, IMO). But, about the Firefox problem, have you recently installed any extensions that manage your cookies? If so, have you told it to allow cookies from "Xisto.com"--whether for session, or in general?

I would uninstall the Google web accelerator (no one really needs it, IMO). But, about the Firefox problem, have you recently installed any extensions that manage your cookies? If so, have you told it to allow cookies from "Xisto.com"--whether for session, or in general?

That was the problem I had a week ago... I'd installed CookieSafe and told it to globally block cookies, without allowing Xisto.com. Allowing Xisto.com fixed it.
In fact, what truefusion said is probably the answer, as I use FireFox 2.0 all the time and have never encountered any problems with the CPanel, the Xisto.com site, or their forums.

I had this problem in the thread below yours

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/43272-login-bug-keeps-asking-me-to-input-a-password/

In short, the Norton Internet Security was not allowing it for some reason, as a result even after I input my password and submit, it still gives me a validation error saying I did not input any password.

If you are using Norton Internet Security, this could be a potential problem. I have had no problems logging in with Firefox 2.0 now that my Norton problem is solved

The problem is solved in FireFox, I didn't wrote down the password correctely, (LoL) you was right serverph. But the problem is always there in IE. So in the meanwhile I'll just use firefox, until I find what's making the problem. I never used a Virus Scanning program, nor a firewall, nor an Anti-Spyware. The Network I am working with is somehow protected with a complex security program. Don't ask me about that!! Anyway, thank ya all!