xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PlugComputers

Need Some Help With Dual Monitors...

Hey there, well i had a dual monitor set up which i used to run perfectly. I have a monitor that runs 1680x1050, thats my main display. I had a 17 inch which i ran 1024x768 I think, i am not really sure, I had a friend set it up for me a long time ago, and now he moved and I don't talk to him anymore.The problem i had was that I tried to add a bigger monitor a 19 inch i believe, I couldnt get that to work either, but I figured it was to much, and my 17 inch was fine for what I was doing.Now the problem I have now, is that I am trying to add the 17 inch back, and now i can't. It doesnt read it. I read through numirous articles on how to install dual monitors, but none of them seem to work.I went toProperties>Settings>I see the second monitor, I try to attach it, but it doesnt work, I set it to 1024x768 and nothing, I hit the "exnted my windows desktop onto this monitor".I am running windows xp pro. Both Monitors are Dells, i have a Geforce 7900GT series and it has the slot for the two monitors.I tried removing the second monitor, doing the same process as above and restarting, and nothing.Maybe someone can help me i hope. Thanks in advance.

Dual monitor is not that hard to install.You click on your desktop and choose 'Properties'In the tab most right ( should be settings I think).You should see an image with 2 monitors.You click with you mouse on the first monitor and you can setup the colors , resolution, ...Now you click on the 2nd monitor and you can setup the 2ndIf thats done you can move the 2nd on the left if you want by dragging it to the left.There is an option Identify the monitor ....When you click extend desktop you should get an image on both monitors.