xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
runeco

Genuine Help With Smtp And Php Mail() Function I need help using the PHP mail() function and the SMTP server on Trap1

Hello, I have looked up the solution to this problem numerous times on this forum but cannot seem to get a straight answer. I have also read that something called SMTP Authetication is required. I have looked up numerous ways this should be done, but I believe it required special protocols. This is the code that I tried to use to send e-mail using the SMTP server here at Xisto.

$email_to = "whoever@whoever.com"; //SEND MAIL TO HERE$subject = "Testing the SMTP server";$message = "This is a test of the SMTP server on Xisto.com Hosting.";mail($email_to, $subject, $message, 'From: ' . "runexchange@Xisto.com" . "\r\n");

No error occurs, but it does not send the message to the indicated mailbox. If anybody knows what I am doing wrong I would GREATLY appreciate am explanation on how to use the SMTP here. Even if you can just display a working code snippet of a mail() function this would help me GREATLY.

Thank You, please conside that I have tried very hard to find the solution on this forum as well as on the internet.

This code is from the login script I am developing for my site. It has been tested.

$to = $_POST['email'];$subject = "Please confirm your account.";$message = "<html><head><title>Please confirm your account</title></head><body bgcolor=black><font color=blue face='verdana' size=4><b>Thank you for registering!</b><br><p>Please click this <a href='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; to register your account.</p><br><br>If your email client does not support links, you can copy and paste this one:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you did not register at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, someone else used your e-mail address.  Do not worry, with out this e-mail they cannot activate their account and utilize this site.";$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";$headers .= 'From: Registration (noreply) <noreply@ghostrider.trap17.com>';mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

/* recipients */$to  = "Mary <mary@example.com>" . ", "; //note the comma$to .= "Kelly <kelly@example.com>";/* subject */$subject = "Birthday Reminders for August";/* message */$message = '<html><head> <title>Birthday Reminders for August</title></head><body><p>Here are the birthdays upcoming in August!</p><table> <tr>  <th>Person</th><th>Day</th><th>Month</th><th>Year</th> </tr> <tr>  <td>Joe</td><td>3rd</td><td>August</td><td>1970</td> </tr> <tr>  <td>Sally</td><td>17th</td><td>August</td><td>1973</td> </tr></table></body></html>';/* To send HTML mail, you can set the Content-type header. */$headers  = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";/* additional headers */$headers .= "From: Birthday Reminder <birthday@example.com>\r\n";$headers .= "Cc: birthdayarchive@example.com\r\n";$headers .= "Bcc: birthdaycheck@example.com\r\n";/* and now mail it */mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

you can use the example above to test and send mail , hope this helps

I M SORRY BUT REALY I WANT TO ASK YOU A QUESION

IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND I COULD NOT MAKE A NEW TOPIC I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO DO SOME

SO MY QUESTION HOPING THAT NOT TO BOTHER YOU

HOW DO YOU WRITE JOWAN

IS IT LIKE THIS OR WRONG BEC I WANT TO WRITE THE CORRECT SPELLING IN THE PASA PORT

WITH ALL MY THANKS TO YOU ALL

(list)