xisto Community
AJ1

For Those Who Just Got A Ps3....

How good is the PS3?

I don't have one, but I do have a list of questions to add to AJ1's...How's the graphic quality? I've been hearing some conflicting reports; I wouldn't mind some eye-witness testimony.How's the launch games? Which ones did you get, which ones are you looking forwards to?How much advancement did they manage over the PS2 that you've noticed?

My friend purchased 2 PS3's friday, and we played until 2 in the morning the next day. Here are your answers.When he first connected the PS3 with the default video cable, the screen was a little blurry on his t.v. The games at this point looked good, but not perfect. Eventually he figured out how to get the PS3 into HD mode, and...wow. The HD looks incredible, and yes the game graphics live up to the videos. We played NBA Live 2k7, and when I walked in on them playing the game, I really thought they were watching a NBA game on t.v. The players and environments looks amazing, and it runs extremely smooth. The other game he bought was Resistance: Fall of Man. This game will without a doubt be a Halo killer I think. The game looks incredible. We got online and played with 40 people online, and there was not a speck of lag. The graphics and multiplayer are spectacular. To sum up your question, yes the graphics are awesome. The PS3 runs a little loud and warm I noticed, but it shoul never be a problem I don't think. The PS3 has lots of cool features to it. It has internet browsing, free game/demo downloads, and he ripped a burnt music cd to the PS3 hard drive, and the sound quality was amazing. I noticed right off the bat the awesome surround sound the PS3 has. Environment sounds are really good, and the games are very sharp and crisp. XBOX 360 games looked good, but they didn't look anything like the game previews that came out a while back. PS3 lived up to the videos, and you definitely get what you pay for.