xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blendergalactica

Problems With Deleting Files In My Account blendergalactica.com

Suddenly all my file permission aren't writable in the Joomla directory. Furthermore, when I go to delete old files or overwrite them, I get a varity of errors both in my FTP programs and using the Cpanel flie manager.

When I checked the needed directories file permission they read 777 (which is needed for installing components) yet when I got to access them they are unwritable. This has just happened in the last day or so and the not being able to delete files mannual in the past week.

I get this error on changing file permissions:

FTP Error: Could not change perms on /public_html/joombla/images/stories: Bad file descriptor (stories)

And then I get a operation timed out error in the Cpanel file manager when trying to delete a couple files so I can replace the header of the theme with one I designed.

And then trying to create a new directory I get this error:

550 Can't create directory: Read-only file systemFTP Error: Can't create directory: Read-only file system (meshes)

Notice from electriic ink:
When copying errors from cPanel (or anywhere), you must use quote tags. Quotes added.

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Suggest you submit a ticket to the Help desk or email to support@Xisto.com providing all this information and the cpanel username, and the domain or sub-domain name, also. This may be something about the recent upgrades and all the server re-configurations. I don't see how this could be happening unless the account settings need tweaking.By the way, what do you have for your .htaccess file? anything in there that may be affecting the account permissions?