xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Microsoft .net Framework 3.0 Rc Available For Download

Microsoft has provided a version of the .NET Framework v3.0 for the general public.

The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 (formerly known as WinFX), is the new managed code programming model for Windows. It combines the power of the .NET Framework 2.0 with new technologies for building applications that have visually compelling user experiences, seamless communication across technology boundaries, and the ability to support a wide range of business processes. These new technologies are Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, and Windows CardSpace (formerly code named "Infocard"). Microsoft plans to ship .NET Framework 3.0 as part of the Windows Vista operating system. In addition, Microsoft is making these technologies available on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. The following Community Technology Preview of .NET Framework 3.0 enables you to continue experimenting with early builds of these technologies, get acquainted with the development experience, and provide feedback to Microsoft.

The latest developing version of .NET framework the .NET framework 3.0 RC is available for download from Microsoft website. here
Notice from jlhaslip:
All non-original material MUST be quoted using bbcodes.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Are you serious? This thing is 100% free?!

It is 100% free, seriously :lol: It is already installed on all Windows Vista versions and you can download it here if you want to install it on your Windows XP mashine.

Actually .NET 3.0 is "just" .NET 2.0 extended by three subframeworks:

Windows Communication Framework (component interoperability as a substitute to webservices)

Windows Presentation Framework (allowing cool vector based controls for .net applications)

Windows Workflow Foundation (designing software systems as a business workflow)

I recently visited a few Microsoft Tech Talks and had an insight view at those technologies. Looks quite interesting and I am eager to use them for my own projects soon.

sekhar, look at the date the topic was started, this post is made to inform all the users of Xisto about the release of the Software. We all know that we can get it in Mag Cover CD's or DVD's.

They've always been free.. That kind of stuff has always been available from magazines, yes. But I'd rather sit here and wait the 20mins it's going to take to download rather than walk to the nearest newsagency, and spend actual money buying a magazine just for the CD it comes with.

PPl pls help me I have Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM and 40 GB HDD on a genuine intel motherboardI'm running windows xp professional service pack 2.i downloaded and tried to install dotnet 3.0 but during installation i got a notification that setup has to be closed.... i exactly don't remember the full textbut anyway now i've installed dot net 2.0 right now tho it is working but what should i do to make 3.0 or 3.5 workkindly help