xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ESDesign

Xbox 360 Worth It?

If you enjoy playing video games then a 360 is a must have these days. The competition between the 360 and the ps3 was far from compelling. The 360 easily beat out ps3 and today has way more enjoyable gaming selection. As of today i only know of maybe 15 games that are even available for the ps3 which is not very good for a selection to choose from. Plus games like halo, gears of war, and crackdown make the xbox look more appealing. Not to mention that the price tag is much cheaper than a ps3 and so are the games and accessories for it.

alot of people do not understand y the ps3 is a better system ive stated these facts MANY of times(and the fact tht im using a ps3 controller to type) i will keep this breif1. Web Browzer.2. Run Linux, nt a emulation this option was put in the ps3 by sony. this does nt erase the XMB OS 3. XMB, easy to use & navigate, plus no lag like the 360 "blades" 4. Free online 5. Blu-ray player (movies & games vs the 360s option hd dvd drive tht only plys movies )6. Game exclusives. Metal Gear Solid 4 (all games in the series have received a 10/10) The Getaway, Socom:Confrintation, Killzone 2, ect7. Remote Play. Lets you connect to your ps3 via your psp, enabling your ps3 movies and music to be with u all over the world8. Like halo 3? cause the developer (Bungie) left Microsoft. whats tht mean? no more halo (except for halo wars, but tht going to be made by another developer, and is a RTS game)9. Home (ill have a orgas if i type so look it up)thrs SOME things. BTW if you say acheivements, look up home

It is totally worth it. I had one, and had only one problem with it. I sent it back, though, and within a few weeks I had a working brand-new one. This thing runs great, has amazing graphics, and is simply a beast. Xbox Live is a GO too. Playstation 3 and the Wii are behind in the online scene. Buying this will save you money from buying the PS3, and the childish Wii. Hope this helped!~Seemliss

I've been hearing a lot about 360 from all of my friends, they all say that the graphics are amazing compared to Xbox..
Currently I have an Xbox and I want to upgrade to a 360 eventually but I don't know whether it's really worth the money right now.. Will it come down in price in the near future?

The other concern I have is that I want to be able to play my original Xbox games on my 360, is this possible?

Is it really worth the 400 some dollars (Canadian)?

Should I wait until later, maybe Christmas sales?

I should add, I don't want any hardcore PS3 fans telling me that I should wait for PS3, because all of my friends have 360 and I'd like to be able to play Xbox Live with them eventually, sorry guys :P

Thanks for your help.

I would definitely wait for the after-Christmas price drop, if I were you.
Far as I know, it's only the Microsoft games that are guaranteed to be compatible.
My friend has a 360, a PS3, and a Wii. When I am over there, we bother very little with anything but the Xbox 360. It has the best games, and Xbox Live is, of course, amazing.

If you can be patient, wait it out a while. You'll need patience, anyway, with that Xbox, if your experience is like so many others, and you have to send it back to them to repair. This has happened to 3 people I know, including my friend I mentioned. Hopefully the newer systems are more stable than they were when they first were released.

My girlfriends brother sent his 360 off to get repaired. They were very good about it, and he got it back a lot faster than he expected. It stopped working again the next day.

Still worth the investment, though. PS3 is overpriced and the game selection is just not up to par. Wii is fun, but the graphics are inferior, and the gameplay is annoying if you don't take the time to get used to it's crazy controls.

Good luck!

360 all the way. It's cheaper than a ps3, has more games than the ps3, more features than the wii and ps3 and alot of media to download. The only thing is the fear of the ring of death. But if your still having second thoughts about a 360 then a wii would be the best second choice i think.