xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
83perish

Guilty Gear Xx #reload 2D fighting game

hy, i was just wondering if there are any guilty gear fans here, since there is no topic.short presentation of game for those who are not familiar with the series:guilty gear is 2d fighting game, placed in a near future, where people find source of unlimited power, called Magic, and create living weapons - gears. gears soon turn on their masters, lead by gear commander, justice and a hundred years war begins. people than organize fighting tournament, in order to find one strong enough to challange and kill justice. in game you dont play with gears, only half-gears and humans(mostly), the only gear justice is awailable as an unlockable secret character, but is turnament illegal.game mechanics are quite complicated, you have many tactics with each characters, and there is no combo-based sistem, but you have to know how to react right in every given situation.good thing that game has is guard meter - if you fight your opponent, it lowers(for opponent) and your hits hurt him less, which means in long combos last hits will do little damage, thats why its better to do smaller combos, and guard meter rises when you block, so -turtle tactic- is not possible, because if you block long, when opponent hits you will do you double damage.you also have things as roman cancles, false roman cancles, dead angle attack(you attack when you cant-it luses your tension), which all need your tension meter to be high(it fill as you deal and recieve damage and when you move towards opponent), and burst-meter, which allows you to do dead angle attacks, special combos etc...another thing in this game is graphics. it might be 2d, but it is fantastic. there are explosions covering half the screen, backgrounds turning red when doing combos, detailed(i mean really detailed) fighters and backgrounds, attack animations are great(thats not just kick animation, i mean, when you hit someone, it shines, if he blocks, it makes circle around the hit spot ect.. that aimation). sometimes its actually hard to see whats happening over all the efects- like watching boss duel in some anima cartoon.if you intend to play it, its the best to play it with arcade stick. on keyboard you can be really fast, but you cant do special moves, because they require half-and -quarter circles back and forvard, and you cant really do that on keyboard, you can easyer do it with gamepad, but with gamepad you are slower, because you have one fnger for movement and one for attack buttons- on keyboard you have 3 for movement and 3-4 for attacks(as told, you cand to specials). so the best is arcade stick - you have one hand for movement(on joystick) and other hand with fingers on attack buttons ---> it combines all good and none bad things from gamepad and keyboard.there is really too much about this game to put it all in just one post, so if you think you might like it, try it, and i will try to keep up to date in this topic, so if anyone needs more information, feel free to ask.p.s. if anyne has lohitech wingles rumblepad cordless, please let me know if it is good gamepad and if it is good for 2d fighting games- i intend to buy it. you can also post about what controller you use for game and how it works for you.

I'm a really big Guilty Gear fan. It's a really great 2D Fighting game. Great music. Unique characters (I'm looking at your Bridget). The style of graphics, just wow. And as 83perish mentioned, a arcade stick works the best.