xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trace-uk

One-way Links?

I've heard that the SE's treat link swaps as "link spam" and either hate it or don't rate it anymore?Can anyone confirm this?If you're supposed to be out for one-way links, how do you get them without advertising??? I supose you could always say to a link partner "you link my my ste X and I'll link to your site Y" ??? would the SE's like this or hate it???

As I understand it, the Bots look for similarity beteen links. If your site is about Racing Horses and mine is about Philosophy during the French Revolution, not much similarity there, but if mine is about Horse Breeding, they would see the comparison as better and score the links much more positively.

how do they check for similar sites though? just the keywords? I thought 2 sites with similar content linking to each other was a bad idea, or were they only talking about 2 sites having very similar sentances/paragraphs? i.e. copy and pasted?I'm still not sure how to go about getting "one-way" links or if link swapping is good or bad. I've heard people say that one-way links are just rated batter than reciprical links, and both are good for your website?

as far as i know, 2 sites that share similar keywords (or will show up in the same google search) that link to each other will earn more 'points' towards their rankingas far as 1 way links go, im sure theyre worth a bit more, as people will usually only have a 1 way link if the site being linked to is really worthwhile (you wouldnt want a useless link on youre site right?)also, if 2 sites are linked and share identical (or nearly identical) content, this looks bad on both of the sites, therefore lowering the ranking.i swear, googlebot is smarter than i am >.<

the link-farm method of exchanging links will not help you a lot, as google does not consider such links very high (or maybe doesn't consider them at all, dunno)..one-way links are the most important ones for good positioning in SERPs..if they are from sites with related topics, it`s the best :blink:

Try to build a directory of links from sites related to yours. Both one way links and recips are fine for your site. The more you can get the better. You need to make sure that your anchor text is targeted for your keyword phrase. This will help your rankings. Feel free to sign up at my site if you want to get relevant links for your site.