xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyRob

Are Lcd Pc Screens Hd Compatible

just a ranom question i hooked SKY+ up to my pc, for hose of you who do nopt know what sky is its a form of 'cable' but it comes in through satelite. I have hd chanenals enabled on my sky package and i was wondering do pc screens have some sort of High Definition software installed on them, as when i watch dvd's on my pc they display on my pc screen with amazing colour. If any of you do not understand what i just said ill put it in plain english. Do Flat screen pc screens Emit a High Definition (HD) picture?

High Definition is just a television picture with a higher resolution. Whether your monitor can display HD depends on the resolution your monitor is set to. Full high definition television is broadcast at a resolution of 1920x1080, compared to the 768x576 of your normal broadcast. The vibancy of the colour is all to do with the contrast settings on your monitor and television. My LCD monitor on my PC has much more vibrant colours than my CRT TV in my living room, but if I turn the contrast up and down I can make them look the same.Try searching the Internet for a downloadable DVD, or buy a professional one from somewhere like Currys or Comet, which you can use to calibrate your TV and monitor to display colours as they were intended to be shown. Ultimately it is down to personal preference.

Some are, some aren't. I have an Apple 23" Cinema HD display (it'a about 4 years old now) and it is HD compatiable. Others aren't, but have a damn good picture. I have a 32" Plasma HDTV with an HDMI input and by video card has an HDMI out option, so that gives me another HD option. I work with HD Video all the time, so I have to have the expensive monitor. I remember the Apple monitor was $2000 and the PowerMac was $2300 when I bought it...My Plasma is an off brand and only like $850. Amazing what 5 years does with technology.

My monitor (HPL1506) actually has an auto-calibrate/adjust button right on the front. Very handy. One way to do it... Do you have Photoshop? Dunno how far back it can be. But with CS2, there's a new option in your XP control panel to set-up your monitor color. It's made to make your graphics work look correct, so it should be real colors.

som elcd tv screens can display hdtv picture HOWEVER they are not true hdtv, although they can display it the moniter itself isn't capable of display 1080p, it just converts it to a lower setting. to answer your question, no lcd tv/moniter currently actually emit hdtv.