xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
berakd

Something About Chat...

There are at least two Chat Rooms available in the Fantastico Module of the cPanel, so yes, Chat Rooms are allowed. IRC Chats are not allowed, however, as per the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.

Hmm, I'd love a PHP chat room, but I wouldn't have the time or patience to manage it, plus forums can be rather hackable... Not that I would know :lol: Anyway, slightly more off topic... why are we not allowed to have irc chat rooms?

Oh, I though IRC chat was that one that you get mIRC for? How could that do stuff to the servers if its not even on the site? Just wondering.

The IRC (or MIRC) systems needs to be installed on a Server some place in order to function on the internet. Xisto can not be that place.

ohh i see. so mIRC is just a client that runs IRC chat? but it runs off of a we-site server in order to function?

Dear berakd you can use CGi chat room CGi chat room is on your cpanelby one click you can use it (with out install) and you can use Fantastico chat , go at Fantastico in cpanel home page and find chat cms and then you can install that script by one click