xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Voidless_Shadows

Community/forum Management Systems Need help

Hey, I'm currently running Joomla and PhPBB (through a bridge I found online)I'm really not satisfied with it though...The login/registration process is very buggy (not technically bugged since its supposed to work that way) but is very unreliable. I was wondering if anybody could reccomend a good Forum/Portal or CMS combo I can use to post news/picture files/etc on a main page/section of the website, and have integrated forums that run smoothly login/registration wise with a minimum upkeep time.Any input is very valuable, anything is better than what I'm using right now, and my guild members hate it :lol:Thanks!

I am using the same as you, Joomla, and PHPBB forums, and have yet to find any bugs so far. Maybe its your installation of PHPBB that has an error. Have you tried any of the other CMS scripts that Fantastico offers? Mambo is quite similar so if you understand Joomla you might want to try that. You should try a Google search for some CMS that are easy to use if you don't like any of the ones in Fantastico.

I'm sorry but i do not know what you mean by bridge, although while reading one of the excellent tutorials that Albus Dumbledore has written about the Control Panel here at Trap 17. There was one that really interested me and made me think about this topic.

Project Management - These packages are kind of like a site in its own, they come equiped with forums, files, calendar, contacts, tickets/helpdesk, language support, user/module permissions, and themes for your website!dotProject
PHProjekt

Maybe what you need is a Project Management for your site, it has a forum like what you wanted to be built in. I'm sorry if i wasn't much help, i do not understand what you mean and i don't understand much about Joomla.
Edited by Caped_Crusaider (see edit history)

I use phpbb fully mooded version .. try it it has lots of features.I have use phpbb for very long time and have found no bugs or annoying stuff with it.Although there is an outbreak of ads post in my forums. :lol:

If Joomla doesn't work out you can try PHP-Nuke. That has a content management system as well as PHPBB forums integrated in with it. There are many adjustable themes that go along with it. The log in for the CMS also is the login for the forums. If you go into your CPanel and go to Fantastico they have a list of preinstalled web management systems that you can use that arepreinstalled. You can set up a test for each one or look at examples at other sites to see which you like better.

Here is the list that was in Fantastico that you can check out.

DrupalGeeklog
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops