xisto Community
Bkag

Taken All Comments In And Here Is The Product

Ok, so i have taken all the comments and criticisms and tried to amend them all, I'm doubtful i have, but here goes.

Posted Image

Again, i want more comments and criticism's!

I say it is pretty good, but just my opinion guess it doesn't matter that much. It looks well done and very proffessional, one quesion though, how long did it take to make something like that and how did you? Seems like it took you a while, but maybe your able to make things like that with ease. Anyway, my opinion is that it's a really good design! I wonder what others think?

Well done, the background is pretty good. People always say this when you design sigs, and that is that you need to do something with the render but not too much, and it can be a delicate balance to get. At the moment you've just slapped the render over the background, but you could try blending it with the background or applying a subtle effect, but try and stay away from using too many filters on the render. There are plenty of tutorials here at the Trap, and elsewhere on the web (Pixel2Life springs to mind) that can help you with the render.

The text is clear, but is a little bland. Again it can be a difficult balance to get text readable and yet also slightly different and interesting. For the time being I would concentate on the render, and perhaps experiment with different text styles and effects on each sig, and see what works well. The best way to learn is to get your sig, save a master copy, experiment, then reload your master and try again and start developing ideas and effects that you like.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, I am sure one of the more regular sig makers will come along with some more useful comments and advice.

Coolduck, thanks for the comment, this sig took about 20-30 minutes, but i used a pre rendered render. I used gimp with a few different brushes from deviantart. A good site for tutorials on gimp, which makes it very simple is http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/.Rvalkass, i have been looking for tutorials on what to do with the render, all i ever seem to find is Photoshop tutorials (im using GIMP), i have looked through every page on gimp-tutorials.com and still havn't found any useful ones for this theme of sig (found one on how to make a spiderman type sig have burn out kinda edge to it)For this sig, what type of effect would you suggest?

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

It is really great, i have only one small criticizem [sp], it's that it's too bright and glossy. I think it should be slightly more grainy and realistic. I would expand on this but i really can't find the words. If anything, the skull on the shoulder should be slightly darker, angrier somehow. A lot more aggressive and intimidating. Other than that, great work!

Its good for GIMP. Get youyr hands on photoshop and you should come up with some good work. I would have to say that the render needs blending and that the colour of the render clashes with the backgroung. Try an overlay of some sort. IMO. Keep it up and like i said try to get your hands on photoshop.

Ok, Keri-j, i have toned down that glossy feeling of the sig, i think it looks better, good suggestion.Random dood, i am still trying to figure out how i can blend these types of renders, i can see blending a render like the one in your sig, but if i apply a similar effect to a ghost recon, metal gear solid etc..... it just wouldn't look right, what do you suggest, I have been looking for a blending technique for a subtle blend for these type of sigs. (I am using gimp)I have improved the render, it had bits of white etc. and got that out and improved the overall quality of the render.As for the light, i can't do much, i have experimented with the lighting on gimp and it always (with render affecting lighting) distorts the render.As for being too big, :lol:, how much too big are we talking, because it is only 4 Pixels bigger than your sig and that is because it has a 2 Pixel boarder.EDIT::: GOE, sorry, you posted as i was writing / editing. I will try some different colored overlays, to see if i can get something which goes better, as for the blending :( i cant figure this out :(EDIT, EDIT::: Got photoshop CS2 now, it is like starting over again, my sigs suck. O well, im learning, once i get somwhat better ill put one on here :(

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)