xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Caped_Crusaider

Wlm Disconnecting Alot! Is it to do with my computer or the version of WLM?

Hello, im not sure if this should go in this topic and sorry if it shouldn't. As my topic says, WLM or Windows Live Messenger continually disconnects me whenever i am connected and using it. When ever i go to chat with a friend there will be a little error message saying im not connected. I didn't choose to sign out, it seems to do this by itself.Could there be a problem with my computer? Sure my motherboard is dying but there are many other things that come to my mind. Could it be a virus? I do keep getting pop ups when using IE6. It cannot be the fact that im not actually connected to the internet, as i am connected to a modem router which stays active, also the bit torrent client i am using is downloading when WLM disconnects, so that means its not a problem with the router right? Could it be the software?I would love to stay connected and chat to my friends but this is making it hard for me to do. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

LOL, awww bless.Thats exactly what happens to me, if your e-mail address ends in @hotmail.com and not @hotmail.co.uk, then that could be your predicament.How do I know that?Because it does not let me or my brother sign in but it does let my sister and my friend sign in because they have a .co.uk account.Ever since I downloaded msn, my computer has been going crazy and it drives me up the wall.So what do I do now?I use the older version, I think it is 7.5 or something.If it still don't work then use web messenger(search for it on google, i had to use it for about a week). You don't need all those emoticons if you just want an on-the-level conversation with your mates.

Windows live messenger is connected to a server through microsoft, so the reason your getting that is is because the connection is down due to a connection error between your computer and that server. Best thing to do is shut it down and then resart it again.Also mae sure to do this as well ctrl+alt+delete then click on the process tab then look for messenger there as well and shut it down, it sometimes help.This happens to me sometimes even when I know my connection is fine so you have nothing to worry about that. All it is is the other end of the connection.So it's not your computer, it's not your p2p client, it's not email accounts because then that would be bad business right there.Virus are not made to shut down messenger program, although their are some viruses that make it impossible for im to open up because they error out the moment it is started. That has happen to me several times before.Pop up has to do with adware and spyware that is connected to your computer, it may slow it down but it won't distrupt the connection, Best thing do is get the proper software to clean out your computer and what not. But I do suggest that you get your mother board fix though since it does directly deal with your ram and memory. Which is used for help programs run smoothly.

Ah thanks alot Saint Michael, your a real saint LOL thats a lame joke. But anyway thanks for all the information and help!I am in the process of building my own computer, I have bought a new CPU, 512 MB Ram, a brand new Motherboard and a case, all I need is a a graphics card which i am about to go out and buy soon so i can start building the PC. So I am not worrying about the current computer just yet. I am just glad that there is nothing wrong with the router or my straight through cables.Thanks alot, Mods can lock this topic or people with the same sort of problems can use this to post instead of posting everywhere else.