xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the_aggie10

Upcoming Specs Of My System

well i am building a new pc...here are the specs:

M/B: ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
RAM: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memor

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3200826AS 200GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

DVD: LITE-ON Black 2M Cache ATAPI/E-IDE 16X DVDąR DVD Burner

GPU: eVGA 256-P2-N437-LR Geforce 7300GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

PSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply

and link to the beautiful case
http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=51

any suggestions? MAKE THEM!!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
All specs must be in quotes. Not your own words, not going to be credited.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

well looks nice a few things i would change...

1st

get an intel core 2 duo its faster than the amd's atm... also you can overclock them like a mofo

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=64

2nd get this mobo its cheap but good

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=61

3rd

get the nvidia 7900 GTO it is the best card for the price on the market

4th

maybe look at a little cheaper of a case

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=61 is a nice case

5th

youll need ddr2 ram so might as well get some good stuff to help you overclock...

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=68

this is all if you have a bit more money otherwise the system you have there is just fine but seriously you dont need a 100 $ case its a waste of money... im modding my old pos case lol cost me about 20 bucks but is nicely built so ill just add a few more holes and add some lights and a window and itll be awsome

Edited by tdktank59 (see edit history)

i was talking to my friend today and he was like why...You are in a sense wasting your money becasue if you buy this now by the time vista comes out and DX 10 comes out it will be pretty much obsolete...If you lucky (depeding on waht you do) you may get a good year out of this computer with games (that are out RIGHT NOW), that computer is definatly not anything you would be using 3d art programs on such as maya or other programs like that.That computer you are building is ment for older games/ text based stuff nothing that requires alot so look at the future when you are buying somethingReally you should be looking at around 800-1000 $ on a system that will last for 3-5 years maybe more if your luckyjust thought id include this into your thought before you buy italso you cannot really upgrade anything on that board by the time you need to that stuff will be so obsolete it wont be funny... if you were me and w/e lol id get a MOBO that supports DDR2, and has at least 1 pcie slot if not 2 (for sli) also look for the newer stuffIm guessing once the core quardos come out the duos will drop in price a little bit and be more around 100-150 (im guessing) so id wait till the quardos and vista comes out to upgrade or build a new computer (plus after xmas time stores will be wanting to get rid of there old stock for the newer stuff so the prices should also be lower!!!

Edited by tdktank59 (see edit history)

yea i was going to wait...just putting stuff together....im not much into intel though...but im waiting for vista

For the price that you are going to pay for an AMD 3700+ I'd just say to upgrade to an AMD Dual Core X2 processor. They have dropped in price significantly lately, you can get the Dual Core 4200+ for $182 off Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103747)Its less than a $100 upgrade and majorly worth it in my opinion. I've been building custom systems for 5 or 6 years now and Dual Core is a really nice new technology.

yeah if your sticking with amd at least get one towards the top thats all i cna say im not really a fan of either im just going with which one has the better productas of right now intel does with there duos and soon to be cuadros so yeah anyways its personal preferance so feel free to get your amd stuff just get a dual core it helps ALOT

Cuadros? Im assuming those are CPU's with 4 cores? 2 Dual Cores built into 1? That will be pretty sweet, I haven't even heard of those yet. Wonder what pretty price tag Intel will slap on those bad boys.. :lol:

i was talking to my friend today and he was like why...

You are in a sense wasting your money becasue if you buy this now by the time vista comes out and DX 10 comes out it will be pretty much obsolete...

If you lucky (depeding on waht you do) you may get a good year out of this computer with games (that are out RIGHT NOW), that computer is definatly not anything you would be using 3d art programs on such as maya or other programs like that.

That computer you are building is ment for older games/ text based stuff nothing that requires alot so look at the future when you are buying something

Really you should be looking at around 800-1000 $ on a system that will last for 3-5 years maybe more if your lucky

just thought id include this into your thought before you buy it

also you cannot really upgrade anything on that board by the time you need to that stuff will be so obsolete it wont be funny...

if you were me and w/e lol id get a MOBO that supports DDR2, and has at least 1 pcie slot if not 2 (for sli) also look for the newer stuff

Im guessing once the core quardos come out the duos will drop in price a little bit and be more around 100-150 (im guessing) so id wait till the quardos and vista comes out to upgrade or build a new computer (plus after xmas time stores will be wanting to get rid of there old stock for the newer stuff so the prices should also be lower!!!

That comp is meant for text based games ROFL XD

I would really love a system like that. :lol:

Edited by Clessi (see edit history)

is it the hard drive that has the OS on it? or the mb? if its the hard drive i will just buy a new one with vista already on it....or does the mb have to be vista compatible?

all mobo should be vista compatible...however newer boards might be able to take advantage of news things in the systems osand yes the Hard Drive holds the OS but all you need there is a 120+ gig hard drive and you should be fine... but get a good mobo and cpu u wont regret it lol