xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

[alert] dirty Bomb Threat! Read now

Today the FBI and NFL have received threats that 7 major citys that have football games going on will be bombed. It was posted on a internet site with the title "America Be Afraid" The FBI has alerted FEDS and NFL owners to be on the look out. The FBI has doubts if this is a real threat or somthing to scare people. The citys the threat has is: New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland, and Clevland. The post was posted yesterday on Oct, 17, 2006. In the note it says: The bombs, would be deliverd to the stadiums in trucks. And due to the open air, the radiological fallout will destroy those not killed in the initial explosion. And that al-Qaida would be blamed for the attack. Thats about all the info they gave for more info please go to:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/18/football.threats/index.html

Notice from saint-michael:
none staff members con only use the note tag.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I very muc hdoubt this will happen. Think as a terrorist. You dont have to kill or injur to be a terrorist, just spread terror. By posting on that website that they will attack america they have succeeded in their goal as places like CNN and many many posts like this will prove accross the internet. The main thing to fight terrorism is not to show fear. you cant fight a terrorist with guns or bombs. Fight them with no fear, getting on with life, not showing your weaknesses and overcoming the many obstacles they might provide. also as a terrorists if you wanted to kill thousands you wouldnt tell them first.

While I personally don't think it is a serious threat, I do believe it shouldn't be taken lightly. This definitly doesn't sound like Al-Quida, they wouldn't annouce it in so much detail, but any threat made should at least be investigated. While I don't think any games should be cancelled or anything, I do think that there should be checks made at the stadiums of trucks, check them out. I know it would be a hassle, but a threat was made, precautions must be taken. I know sometimes, things in America seem to get a little out of hand with security after 9/11, but it was a big shock to us. So we tend not to take things like this to lightly.

Updated: The FBI and CIA have taken a 20 year old male into custidty for posting that thread on a website. They found him though the websites IP tracker. Some people just don't think do they. They have also locked down the truck delivery lots at the football stdiums since thats how they were being transported.

I don't worry that much about terrorism, it is in my opinion more worth worrying about getting hit by a car, as that is statistically more likely to happen

America seems very panicky at present, sure if I was in charge I would have taken it seriously, but I wouldn't have spread panic by announcing it. If you announce every "threat", you are going to have a nation cowering in fear.

For example, in britain there was a threat (4 - 5 years ago now) that someone was planning an attack in London on armistice day. It is the one day of the year where the Queen, high ranking military officials and the prime-minister are gathered in the same place.

The security services were notified and they took extra measures. In the end nothing happen, and no-one panicked. If something had have happened, telling everyone wouldn't have made a difference.

Updated: The FBI and CIA have taken a 20 year old male into custidty for posting that thread on a website. They found him though the websites IP tracker. Some people just don't think do they.

I though you were allowed freedom of speech in America, maybe he just did it as a laugh.

Or maybe he is just a clever terrorist who has worked out you can cause mass panic without leaving your computer :)

Well yes you have freedom of speech but saying your gona blow us up isn't the best thing to do. So yes threating the United States with dirty bombs is taken seriously.

What I mean is that although it was a very stupid thing to do but the fact that he didn't look into masking his IP address etc indicates to me that he didn't do it seriously. Of course he may have. In my view america (and to some extent some other countries) are too panicky about terrorism. It isn't as a serious threat as say the IRA 1970s when it was all organised with one organization, where as at least in the west at present there seems to be no overall leader for the attacks. For example the london underground bombings didn't have any connections with any terrorist group.

It was a stupid hoaz, they arrested a guy who made those posts, what a moron, trying to cancel football games and scrwing with peoples minds. I hope they get him on terorrists charges and even treason as well. It's bad enough we have to deal without from the the outside world but our own citizens, if he is one doing this as well trying to get a kick out of it.

so was that guy a muslim ? i doubt so because otherwise anyone will quickly point out he is a muslim, i know of nan incident where some guy who wanted to do something cool did exactly as like this one did but that incident was not much publicised since he was not the normal "terrorist", which i mean by he been white and christian, some people just get a kick or some high when they do things like that i guess and those freaky people should be properly punished so as to punish them for their offences and warn other wanna be's. but no wonder america has become so jumpy nowadays, it is much better to live in a war then live in terror because during a war you will expect anything to happen but with terror it is making people more jumpy ,