xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vass

Speedtouch 530 + Netgear Wgu624 Issues Bridged Mode?

I was having a play around yesterday and realised that I still hadn't put my Speedtouch 530 into bridged mode, so I did...and ended up loosing all IPs. Now since my wireless router (WGU624) is my DHCP server, I'm guessing it relies on the external IP from the 530 to begin to generate?If anyone has successfully managed to get the two to work together, could they tell me how?

Sometimes it is best to use hardware from the same company, if it's possible, because not every hardware is compatible with each other, you must contact the producer/provider, and ask for qualified persons to help you.Then, it the problem persists, then you should ask for help in here, untill then, i advice you to also read the hardware operator manuals for instructions and help, it is the most wise behavior concerning problems using hardware.Sometimes it is better to ask for qualified help, instead of trying to fix the problem ourselfs, especially when you use hardware to protect/serve a network of computers connected to the internet or intranet, if you do things wrong, you could most likely compromise the network security.

It all depends where your computers are connected on.But you can setup you modem as router (like before), and setup your wireless router in bridged mode.This should work also.I don't have this problem since my DSL modem and wireless router are 1 device.Before this I had a Speedtouch Home (very old) and a wireless router.But the speedtouch home could only be used as modem , so my router had to use to modem to make a connection with pppoe.

I had thought about making the router just a wireless access port but that got me thinking what the point of having two devices was if I was just going to do that.I guess the main reason for asking here is the fact that there are people out there that have put it to the test and have made it work so they know how it should be done, rather than techs who are giving advice based on assumptions so that they get their day's coin.When you setup a modem in bridged mode is there anything that needs to be done to it's subnet, IP range settings to align it to the routers IP and subnet range? Maybe that could be an issue, I guess it's not the two types of hardware, but the way you set it up and real world people over techs put that into practice everyday.

When you setup a modem in bridged mode is there anything that needs to be done to it's subnet, IP range settings to align it to the routers IP and subnet range? Maybe that could be an issue, I guess it's not the two types of hardware, but the way you set it up and real world people over techs put that into practice everyday.

When you setup the router in bridged mode , there must be no DHCP configured in the router.
The computers must get their IP adress from the Speedtouch.
And I think you have to connect the Speedtouch to a LAN connection of the Router i.s.o. the WAN connection.
I have never tried this before.