xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sexymama1723

The So-called War In Iraq

I'm tired of hearing the news medi and the left bang the peace drum night after night constanty calling for America to tuck tail and run. What realy gets me is that in a span of 5 years we as a country of 300 million people have lost around 4 thousand of our brave sons and daughters which is sad but when compared to the lives lost in most of our wars I would dare say we've been getting off fairly easy concidering that in the second world war we lost three thousand men on an average day. As a matter of fact on D. Day alone we lost 10 thousand men in one day. In Korea which lasted 3 and a half years we lost somewhere around 38 thousand men and of course in Vietnam we lost 67 thousand men. More men died in the American revolution (7 thousand) when we had a population of around 3 million people than has died thus far in the world war on terror. I think we have become soft as a society. We eat too much, work less harder for more money, and complain when gas hits 3 dollars a gallion yet the last time I checked a gallion of milk was an average of $3.50 a gallion and it's a heck of a lot easyer process than oil and natrual gas. We all need to realy wake up and face the music or this ride will end sooner than it needs to. If you guys realy think that if we pull out of Iraq after losing 4 thousand men will convince the terrorist to leave us alone than you are sadly mistaking. The History of muslim terrorism proves that you can not find peace with people who are of the mindset that God has told them to kill you and remember these despots use their children as smartbombs knowing full well that a person with a conscience will not suspect a child of being a suicide bomber. Another think as long as this country and the rest of the west has the Paris Hilton obsessed, M.T.V. mindset we will have a lot to answer for in history.

I'm tired of hearing the news medi and the left bang the peace drum night after night constanty calling for America to tuck tail and run. What realy gets me is that in a span of 5 years we as a country of 300 million people have lost around 4 thousand of our brave sons and daughters which is sad but when compared to the lives lost in most of our wars I would dare say we've been getting off fairly easy.

So losing 4k men is fine? In my opinion that is 4000 men to many deaths in a war that shouldn't have happened.

The History of muslim terrorism proves that you can not find peace with people who are of the mindset that God has told them to kill you

The majority of Muslims are peaceful people. In every religion there are extremists.

In the same vain you could say the history of christianity says that they are a vicious religion that launches vast attacks against religious views we don't agree with (Crusades).

and remember these despots use their children as smartbombs knowing full well that a person with a conscience will not suspect a child of being a suicide bomber.

I haven't heard about that, and I agree that it horrific. But you are viewing a few people in a group as representing a whole group.
It is like saying that because you have heard that one Canadian was a Alcoholic, all Canadians are Alcoholics. It sound at bit ridiculous, but that is what you are saying.

Hey, we like our Beer... so what, eh? :)

Seriously, though, the situation in Iraq isn't going to go away even if the US pulls out. (Which they can't do until certain conditions are met, according to International Law).

So, lets all hope and pray that the conflict gets resolved with as little damage to both sides as possible. Soldiers and children included.

I'm tired of hearing the news medi and the left bang the peace drum night after night constanty calling for America to tuck tail and run. What realy gets me is that in a span of 5 years we as a country of 300 million people have lost around 4 thousand of our brave sons and daughters which is sad but when compared to the lives lost in most of our wars I would dare say we've been getting off fairly easy concidering that in the second world war we lost three thousand men on an average day. As a matter of fact on D. Day alone we lost 10 thousand men in one day. In Korea which lasted 3 and a half years we lost somewhere around 38 thousand men and of course in Vietnam we lost 67 thousand men. More men died in the American revolution (7 thousand) when we had a population of around 3 million people than has died thus far in the world war on terror. ........If you guys realy think that if we pull out of Iraq after losing 4 thousand men will convince the terrorist to leave us alone than you are sadly mistaking......

1. Even one person die in Iraq has no meaning at all. It brought the terrorist to Iraq. Moreover most of wounded people are also become invald people. Yesterday I saw a short film about an American solider who lost many part of his face and they doing plastic operation to him and put nose and make some musels. How many will use the wheel?

2. The matter are not messured that way. Otherwise why doctor in hospital trying to survive a person and didn't sayt how many people are dying in car accident? Then let that one Plus one. Why we see somtimes costly operation to seperate two children?. Why we make people living long time with machines and don't let them go and say how many are dying from cancer?

3. The situation will not end in Iraq and will be long long time and causualities will be as Vitenam.

4. The Shiati in Iraq are happy that the American Occupation make them in the key element of governement. The same Kurd has their seperate governement and even they don't put the iraq flag. But this wil not last long. Once their aims will be in danger they will act agins America as the sunnis do.

5. The Solution is to return the matter as was before ionvasion but this is impossiple. In life if the police charge one then they can not approve the charges , they release the accused and compensate them. America went their for wmd reason and nothing was found as the inspectors said before invasion. So America has to return the matter as it was.

6. But America removed Sadam and let him in funny trial. Also it resolved the army and that was the big mistake to start from scratch.

7. Moreve they execluded or Bath Party members to participate in the election or governement position. This make a big vacum. And the released army personnel with the Bath Part who are working now in the resistence.

I actually believe in what the original poster has written. I also side with others. I do believe that if we pulled out now it would cause us more trouble and I do believe that there is a deep price for oeace. Even if it's losing people of our great nation I believe that it is a necissary sacrifice. That is not to say that we couldn't be doing other things there and quit being redundant. How many times have we stalked this or done that? Maybe we should focus on another aspect of Iraq and see if it works better. Maybe finding an Iraqui that would speak for their people and be the spokesperson of peace. Then we can get rid of the opposition and finally take another step forward. Someday I believe that this war will be won by us, but only by hard work and sacrafice may we even become close.

Ok the crusades were in the middle ages long before America was a glimmer in the world's eye.Second I don''t wanna see any more men die in any war but I was simply stating that in WW2 we lost as many men in one day as we;ve lost in Iraq in the last 3 and a half years.J.F.K was ready to to use nuclear weapons over cuba I would think you would be out raged that he wanted to use Nukes over cuba while a few years later the russians were stationing nukes of our coast aboard subs.Bill Clinton was ready to go to war with China another nuclear power over Taiwan in May of 1996.

Wow wow wow STOP IT! Ok You made a few good points. People in Iraw are missused by their religious leades but certainly that is not the only bad thing that goes on in this war. You have set the whole problem wrong. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW AMERICA WILL BEAT IRAQ BUT THAT IT ACCTUALLY STARTED THE WAR AT FIRST PLACE. Please do no be fulled and realize that it is all about the damn black oil!! Iraq has as much oil supplies as almost noone else and that is ONE BIG REASON for the attacks of United States. So this is the main difference with lets say the second world war. In that war USA played a fantastic and brave role to protect the whole world from Hitlers hands (ok, they still achieved a lot of economic growth on the account of repairing stuff after the war as something they got in return for helping allys but that is not important right now). However, in this "war" there is no such threat - most of the terrorist attacks were allowed by the CIA, because this is the only way to make people think that this "war" is necessary. Come on people, that is so not so! Yes we lost more soldiers in other wars BUT they died for a good cause. Today SOLDIERS ARE DYING FOR BLACK OIL!!! And that is something that should be stopped...Not that I have to mention how many iraqi soldiers and kids and women and families die for nothing!So please think about the meaning of this "war"! or should I say USA terror..

the one thing i never understood and never will is how all the political leaders of these dumb countries can just say ok this is the problem and we need to do something .........................................and then ok it is not getting solved so the only way to fic it is go to war ???? So here are all these "leaders" saying we have to go to war but they never even step int othe country that they are at war at and if they do they are so heavily protected and stuff like that but all the ppl who live i nthe country have t oigo and fight each other when the yacutually have nothing against each other. Maybe instead of all these people who are fighting each other with no real reason should just lay down their weapons and let the bright sparks who came up the lets go to war thing to go and fight each other it would save alot of lives and the ppl who are acutually saying that they need to go to war can go fight for a change !!!!!! It is very easy for these oaks to say lets go to war when they sit in their comfy offices and have their whole bunch of body gaurds of the s*** hit the fan. If they had to get involed in their own decisions i gaureentee you that these "leaders" would not be so eager to go to war for some little thing.

Ok, Let me make myself very clear. War is the greatest evil humans can do to one another. I believe that we should only use war as a last result and should never force our sons and daughters to fight unless we realy have to. In saying that we must remember that when the United States entered world war 2 after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor we also went to war with Germany. Germany as you may know never dirrectly attacked the United States the way Japan had. Yet we sent 80% of our military to fight in Europe and placed the war with Japan on somewhat of the back burner. A policy known as Europe First. To say that pre war Iraq was not asking for it is just plain wrong. 15 U.N resolutions were passed and Hussan thumbed his nose at not only the U.S but the world. I never have fully supported the invasion of Iraq but I will not condemn it. I disagree with the way it has been handled or mishandled. On the eve of the war nearly 80% of Americans supported it and now that it's not the cake walk we thought it would be the voices of turn and run with our tail between our legs are once again shouting from the streets. We must face this harsh fact that if we leave Iraq as many would have us do, you had better believe that nations like Iran and North Korea would be embolden by our exit from Iraq.I read a few months ago that most of our military men and woman come from "The Heartland" mainly the rual sections of America, but if you recall it was New York City and Washington D.C that was hard hit on 9/11, 2001. Not Texas or Idaho. I think that says it all about what Patriots are made of. My state of louisiana which has around 4 million ppl have sent 4 times as many of her sons and daughters to fight in the war on terror as New York state which has something like 15 million ppl living in it and it was the main site of the 9/11 attacks. Texas and the Carolinas, have bored the brunt of this war.I myself do not have much repect for the slacker, whinning, candy nosed society we have become since the end of World War 2. Americans have become the fattest ppl in the world while most of the ppl on earth starve or go hungry. We have ppl that force themselves to puke up their food in order not to get fat while again half the world goes without. Americans demand more money for less work and complain when gas prices rise above 3 bucks a gallion while in Europe they pay 6 to 8 bucks a gallion and the same goes for Japan. By the way a gallion of milk is an average of $3.80 a gallion and nobody is complaining. America is no longer the up and at 'em nation we were 60 years ago when we blew the doors off Hitler's empire and crushed Japan at the same time. We are the only country in the history of warfare to fight a two front war and win on both fronts at the same time. We could't dare do that today. Had this generation had been around during WW2. Hitler would have laid this country and the world under his boot hill and marched half of us off to the death camps. The rest of us would have cried on our pillows while we were made to count the rapes on our wives and mothers. (The Nazis did that in Russia and the Russians did that to the nazis.) If you guys think that losing 3 or 4 thousand men in a major war that has gone on for nearly 4 years is an omen of reteat than you need to go count the gaves that line the beaches of Normandy France. the United States alone lost 10 thousand men in one day trying to gave a foothold into Europe which had been overran by the Nazis 4 years before, not to mention the other thousand of British and Canadians as well as Free French troops that were lost in that one single day.Put into prespective, America has gotten off very easy in this war compared to even the Korean war when 60 thousand Americans died in a 3 and a half year span. again over 600 thousand Americans were killed in WW2 in less than 4 years of fighting. Remember we are not fighting the Iraqi ppl. for the most part we are fighting a tough and rootless enemy who have seeped up from the fiery pit of militant Islam who would rather kill you and your children than feed their own children who they use as low tech. smart bombs and humanshields. If America was the bully nation that many in the world think we are, Bush would have used Nuclear Weapons on Afghanistan in responce to 9/11. Kennedy was ready to start a nuclear war over nuclear weapons in Cuba. Neither Cuba or the Soviets had attacked the United States and under Kennedy's policy of nuclear pre-emption we had and have the right to use them on any country that either attacks the United States or that we feel may be ready to attack the United States. Kennedy by the way had given the Soviets 3 days to begin pulling the missles our or we would attack their bases in Cuba. The only way you can deal with a roothless enemy is to wack them with the big stick and send them back to hell. I myself feel that the only way wars will ever end is when we build a room in the center of the U.N and lock both leaders in there and let them fight it out man to man and who ever comes out alive wins.