xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Need External Dvd Burner Advice

Ok, well i am planning on buying an external DVD Drive, and i found this

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

and i think this might be kool, because i am seeing an S-Video cord on the back of that thing, and i am thinking that maybe that will allow me to plug it into the back of my TV, or my DVD player and record what is on TV on to a DVD? i am wondering if anyone here on Xisto have this, or have used it, or have seen it in use and can vouch for what it can do... besides hook up to a computer by a USB or firewire and burn DVD's/CD's

thanx

This looks like an extremely useful tool. I do video work on a daily basis and seriously looking at this as I need to get a couple more external burners for DVD duplication work of videos I produce for clients.However, that is not an S-video connection. If you look closely, that is a propitary power cord connection.

Edited by blendergalactica (see edit history)

well ive bought it, and your right it was a Power outlet, i thought this would be self-powered through the USB 2.0 plug but i guess not oh well...anywho, it is pretty good! ive got it hooked up and tested it out, and found out you need to have a different Burning software than Windows default, because it just wont let you do it.. anyways, it does come with a Nero 6 CD but i have nero 7.5, so im good for using the newer version :) I was waiting on a shippment of DVD +R CD's buti was informed that -R's are the only ones that will be able to be read in a DVD Player, so i am going to research that after i cancel my order.thanks for your info blendergalactica.

actually, DVD-Rs will work in most dvd players. DVD+Rs are made for video.you should be fine, especially if it is just for home videos or very small production.that is a nice looking dvd burner! i have a HP dvd740e, and i havent had much trouble with it, but it is just the simplest one i could buy at the time...

actually, DVD-Rs will work in most dvd players. DVD+Rs are made for video.
you should be fine, especially if it is just for home videos or very small production.

that is a nice looking dvd burner! i have a HP dvd740e, and i havent had much trouble with it, but it is just the simplest one i could buy at the time...

as i said earlyer, i am using the DVD+R's and they are being read fine, but a friend from my dads work told my dad to suggest to me that i buy DVD-R's next time because they are better quality than DVD+R's and that most every DVD Player will read DVD-R But not allot will read DVD+R's unless they are new.