xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Mortal Combat: Deception

My buddy just bought this game after I told him about it, and we just got through playing like 5 hours of it. This game is pretty fun. I've always been a rather big fan of Mortal Kombat, and I can say that this is the best one of them all so far. There is some downs to the game, however, but they are nothing big. You can't impale enemies with your sword like you could in MK: Deadly Alliance. From what I heard about this game about a year ago, you could be EVERY character ever in a MK game. I was wrong. All are in it, just not all are playable. You'll see some of the long forgotten characters during Konquest mode, like the purple ninja, Rain. Or the cop from MK3, Stryker. But as far as playable characters go, they did revive some of the oldies but goodies. Ermac (red ninja, and one of my favorites) is back in full force with a new look, as well as Mileena. Nightwolf has been reinvented, and they even brought back Noob Saibot and the cyborg Smoke, but with a twist. Noob and Smoke aren't separate characters, they're a duo! This is a first for Mortal Kombat! You play as both characters at once...sorta. You switch back and forth as if you were switching fighting styles. Baraka is also back since his flop in MK:Gold. He now has a larger part. We haven't unlocked all of the characters yet, but I'll post as I go along. Now there is also not just fatalities (Babalities, Animalities, Friendship don't exist anymore), there are Hara-kiris now too! These are cool, while the winner is attempting his fatality on you, you attempt your own, and if you finish your combo first, you end your own life. They've added Puzzle Kombat, which is just like puzzle fighter if you've played it. Also added is Chess Kombat. This is neat. You chose your team and play a game of chess with them. When 2 opposing pieces come to the same square, they duke it out to see who wins that square. Great game, I'm definately buying this one.

MK Deception is an amazing addition to the MK Family.. I mean Besides it lacking some major characters in the game play... its pretty cool. Im realyl wished they took all the people you ran into in konquest and added them to the Vs Mod. Like Rain i mean he was there but you couldnt play as him. To bad also, and aother thing. The New puzzle feature ( like chess ) i didnt realyl enjoy that. it seemed kind pointless but fun wiht 2 people.

I think that the two newest mortal kombats are not that good.My Biggest reason is that the gameplay is not as flowing as in the oldder games.My second reason is that where is all the charecters i mean i miss cyrax.

All i have to say about mortal combat deception is that i would take the old mortal combat or mortal comat 2 over that game any day....the origional mortal combat games are way better than these 2 new ones